PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC offers excellent life balance, but limited career advancement opportunities.

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

PNC is good at keeping salaried employees to a reasonable work week. The benefit packages are top of the line. Feel safe that you'll be kept around as a poor performer (but not poor ethics).

Cons

The advancement opportunities (particularly in a non-critical market are minimal or obsolete). Very little room for originality at PNC - operations, behaviors, and language are all very scripted. Beware of the ethics police - witch hunts frequently entrap innocent people.

Find ways to recognize, incentivize, and promote your good people. Good performers frequently flee to competitors for these things.

Other reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

All about the customers-not the employees

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Lansing, MI

Pros

PNC is well-known nationally and provides good experience to take to another employer.

Cons

Low pay-long hours-many times the customer isn't right, but neither is the employee and it is a viscious cycle.

Administering mid-year reviews and rolling corrective action into that same event is shameful. A review is just that-and a performance plan is a totally different discussion.

if you want to be a good salesman then...

Former Employee - Teller  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Good scheduling, I never had a problem. In fact I used to get more hours than originally scheduled for.
    Friendly coworkers.

Cons

The biggest problem I had working for this company was the amount of referrals required each month. Each year, it seems the amount of required referrals goes up. With that, your manager and the upper management of the company are jumping down your throat trying to get one or two referrals out of you. Most of the time the customer says they're not even interested, which in turn, leads to management and upper management complaining to you that you aren't doing your job correctly, even though the customer has explained that they resent you asking them constantly if they would like to upgrade their account, get a credit card, or bring an existing credit card over to PNC Bank. When I was originally hired for this job, I was told that I would have to up sell some products. What they didn't tell me, was that I would have to up sell EVERYTHING to EVERY customer. It's a very annoying process to hound every customer who comes in for some type of product that they don't want. The company is to geared on sales and doesn't focus on how much the clients I actually like being at this bank. In my region, the customer loyalty and customer satisfaction was low. More importantly, the employee satisfaction was below 30%. Had I known prior to being hired that I would be hired for a low wage of $10 an hour (with no chance of a raise in sight), be forced to get at least 30 referrals each month, and out of those 30 at least 10 have to post and go through to get count as credit. I wouldn't have joined.
    I would highly recommend that everyone stays away from working at this bank. Poor pay. Hideous focus on referrals. Hideous focus on referrals. Hideous focus on referrals.

stop hounding over me for my average amount of referrals and demanding that I get hundreds in a month. This job is simply no fun to work at, and I've left for a much higher wage at a different bank.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!