PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

Great hours, good benefits, fair pay

Current Employee - Operations Analyst  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Louisville, KY

Pros

Great job security, PNC is the 5th largest bank in deposits in the nation. The work is challenging but in my position I am able to completely leave my work at work. Weekends and holidays off, vacation time and sick days are generous. I really feel that my supervisors care about my growth in the company. There are limitless oppurtunities for moving up.

Cons

Things are always changing, it is hard to keep up. There are so many departments and most of the time poor communication between them. There are a lot of miss directed calls and it is hard to provide quality customer service when you have to transfer customers about 4 times to get them to the right place.

Provide more training on what the different departments within PNC do. Make customer service more of a priorty in backoffice departments.

Other reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

View from the bottom rung.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Teller in Florence, KY

Pros

1. Many of your co-workers are great people to work with.
    2. There are a fair number of opportunities for advancement from the bottom rung.
    3. The newest locations are built as 'green' buildings which conserve energy and are environmentally friendly.

Cons

1. Instead of upper management looking to buy their next big banking system, they need to take the time to consolidate what they have for efficiency. One of the 'big' areas of improvement needs to be a 'major' upgrade and integration of I.T. systems. They currently have a hodge-podge assortment of systems; much of it due to earlier bank mergers and programming written decades before.
    2. Overlapping pay grades for positions sometimes means that people get a promotion with no increase in benefits or salary. Give something more than just a title. HR needs to fix this.
    3. Properly staffing branches needs to be made a priority. Much of our business is conducted there. If the emphasis is on customer service, then you need employees to provide it. The staffing models are deficient.

Please see 'cons' above:
     Hold off on buying your next big banking system until what you have is made more efficient. Decide to review all operational areas of the company for efficiency and 21st century standards. Set up some working committees (get consultants ?) to assess different areas (such as HR and I.T.). Set up plans with 'time lines' for implimentation. When major consolidation goals are met, then consider buying something else if you're so inclined.

Organization in flux

Current Employee - Project Manager II  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager II in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

PNC is a growing company and because of its recent acquisition of National City has a lot of work.

Cons

The merging on PNC and National City has create an ever changing organization. There is very little communication from management regarding the organizational structure and roles & responsibilities. There are a lot of people that have very little idea of exactly what to do.

PNC claims to be a leader in technology but fails to leverage high benefit-to-cost technology like wide use of Blackberrys and laptops.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!