PNC Financial Services Group
3.2 of 5 1,003 reviews
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Stay far, far away

Erie, PA

ProsThe pros would be that I moved up very quickly in the company, but mostly because so many people quit that there are always openings. The benefits and 401k plan are great as well. This is a good place for someone right out of college to get their feet wet with sales/management and it will look great on a resume, but I do not recommend it long-term.

ConsThe con would be that they have some of the worst compensation compared to other banks even smaller ones. The "upper" management only care about numbers and goals and believe that any team can be replaced. You are required to hit your goals each month in every position that you are in even if you were on vacation or in training for two or more of those weeks. Every time that I got a promotion it was almost like a step-back in pay. The bonus/commission structure is really difficult to hit and it is confusing which makes it really hard to see if it is correct or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's try to keep the customers that we do have since many of our market shares are very high since the merger with National City. We are losing customers just as quickly as we are gaining new ones, but in the meantime customer relationships are suffering. We are so busy trying to get our numbers up that it is hard to give each customer the best service possible.

Great hours, good benefits, fair pay

Operations Analyst (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros: Great job security, PNC is the 5th largest bank in deposits in the nation. The work is challenging but in my position I am able… Cons: Things are always changing, it is hard to keep up. There are so many departments and most of the time poor communication between them. There… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more training on what the different departments within PNC… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

View from the bottom rung.

Teller (Current Employee)
    Florence, KY

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros: 1. Many of your co-workers are great people to work with. 2. There are a fair number of opportunities for… Cons: 1. Instead of upper management looking to buy their next big banking system, they need to take the time to consolidate what they have… Advice to Senior Management: Please see 'cons' above: Hold off on buying your next big banking system until what you have is made more efficient. Decide to review all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.