PNC Financial Services Group

Stay far, far away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

The pros would be that I moved up very quickly in the company, but mostly because so many people quit that there are always openings. The benefits and 401k plan are great as well. This is a good place for someone right out of college to get their feet wet with sales/management and it will look great on a resume, but I do not recommend it long-term.

Cons

The con would be that they have some of the worst compensation compared to other banks even smaller ones. The "upper" management only care about numbers and goals and believe that any team can be replaced. You are required to hit your goals each month in every position that you are in even if you were on vacation or in training for two or more of those weeks. Every time that I got a promotion it was almost like a step-back in pay. The bonus/commission structure is really difficult to hit and it is confusing which makes it really hard to see if it is correct or not.

Let's try to keep the customers that we do have since many of our market shares are very high since the merger with National City. We are losing customers just as quickly as we are gaining new ones, but in the meantime customer relationships are suffering. We are so busy trying to get our numbers up that it is hard to give each customer the best service possible.

1246 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

PNC Workplace Review

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Great medical benefits and life insurance choices, dental, eyecare vacation buy, 401K match, Holiday pay, retiirement packageHigh Values, Gives back to the community, Green buildings, Grow up Great program, Flexible hours

Cons

Like many places, downsizing restructuring taking place so positions are being eliminated.

Don't waste time training on new systems if you don't intend to keep the positions

Great hours, good benefits, fair pay

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Great job security, PNC is the 5th largest bank in deposits in the nation. The work is challenging but in my position I am able to completely leave my work at work. Weekends and holidays off, vacation time and sick days are generous. I really feel that my supervisors care about my growth in the company. There are limitless oppurtunities for moving up.

Cons

Things are always changing, it is hard to keep up. There are so many departments and most of the time poor communication between them. There are a lot of miss directed calls and it is hard to provide quality customer service when you have to transfer customers about 4 times to get them to the right place.

Provide more training on what the different departments within PNC do. Make customer service more of a priorty in backoffice departments.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group