There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Frustrating due to poor management

Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Fort Pierce, FL
Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Fort Pierce, FL

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Excellent benefits, "banker's hours", positive work environment, great clients

Cons

Very poor management especially from the regional position. Noone would listen to valid complaints from all of the staff employees and turned a blind eye to the laziness and poor work ethic of the branch manager and assistant managers. Promotions were based on who you know and not what you know. PNC has lost several great employees due to mismanagement.

Rotate managers within the district to keep people fresh and on their toes. It seems current managers become complacent and lack important interpersonal skills. Utilize the Gallup Survey to truly identify problems in the workplace that can be easily fixed. Give everyone a fair opportunity for promotions, not just close coworkers. Also, try to understand the full situation when employees contact Human Resources regarding a problem - dont take the manager's word for everything.

1175 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

I'm sorry I took the job

Former Employee - Switcher in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Switcher in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Benefits are real good.
    401(k) match is better than most employers.
    Looks good on your resume, if you can last longer than 6 months

Cons

Wages are a complete joke.
    I was lied to about the position in the interview.
    I took a promotion and they cut my pay.
    Extremely harsh penalties for making mistakes.
    Favoritism rampant for senior employees.
    Terrible managment - they would probably be more effective if they stayed out of the hair and nail salons and focused more on employees and customers.
    I asked numerous times for extra training in areas I was unsure of, and they completely and repeatedly ignored my requests.
    I got sick of hearing how "if you can't make goals, we'll find people who can." Not the best motivator.
    They need to look up the defination of "constructive criticism" because they have no clue.

Support your employees! You get your bonuses because of us!

Too much Work too fast, no one knows what is going on, but you still get blamed.

Current Employee - Data Warehouse Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Data Warehouse Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

You can learn about big sized portfolios, like; Leasing, student loan, commercial loan, trading assets...etc...each of these are multi billion dollar portfolio.

If you are good in negotiating, you can get very good pay, best in cleveland, OH.

Cons

Management considers TCS (Indian Consulting Company) consultant to have more skills that full time employee. No trainings. Slow promotions. Too much politics. You are not asked about how your Lead or Manager treats you. Only Gallop. Yearly review is not based on facts but on how you Manager remembers you.
    Too much work, very unskilled Leaders.

Training Employees. Make career plans for employees. Ask questions to employees on what they want to do after 5 years. Transparent Promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group