There are newer employer reviews for PNM Resources

Not real happy

Current Employee - Hard Worker
Current Employee - Hard Worker

I have been working at PNM Resources

Pros

They pay me regularly and its a large company

Cons

Their pay scale is way under market, especially in Texas.

Be fair to everyone, not NM first.

12 Other Employee Reviews for PNM Resources (View Most Recent)

Weird Place - they hire people, pay them decent money then never give them the tools they need to really succeed.

I have been working at PNM Resources

Pros

- decent to good pay
    - decent to good benefits
    - generally nice people but afraid for their jobs and afraid of upper level management

Cons

- Management and especially upper level management can be very vindictive so need to watch what you say and what emails you write.
    - CEO is widely disliked and feared by just about everybody I have met at the Company.
    - an amazingly high percentage of employees are unhappy with the company. It really is stunning - I have yet to meet an employee that likes working at PNM Resources so morale isn't an issue because there is none.
    - company's focus is on their next quarterly report - doesn't care about the quarterly report a year from now so no investment is made in anything till they absolutely have to then decisions are rushed so bad ones are made.
    - they are heavy into outsourcing so people fear for their jobs. People constantly kid about being "impacted" - an euphemism that means your job has been outsourced
    - many in mid-level management are folks that got there by breaking the Peter Principle so processes are frozen and change/improvement is difficult to make
    - PNM R seems to be incapable of making decisions. They study things to death.
    - not a place for someone who wants to grow in their career or learn new things.
    - a depressing place if you like to solve problems and move on.

Time to grow up and realize that it is about the long term not one, two or three months from now. They also need to understand that caprice and vindictiveness are no way to run a company.

Generally, a satisfactory place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at PNM Resources full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work load is comfortable, when not working on a big capital project. Management is very accommodating when it comes to schedules and flex time. One day per week telecommuting is the normal, but like I said they are accommodating. Benefits are solid, the 401k is one of the best I've ever seen. 4.5% match up to 6%, on top of that they just give you 3%. Depending on what group you are in, the work can be interesting with group to move into other tools / products / areas of expertise. Also, the people are generally a good group to work with.

Cons

Coverage has been an issue since layoffs in 2009. We still have not returned to those staffing levels, this leaves some positions that lack coverage, so it is hard to take long spans of PTO.

Also on that note, many management positions were cut as well. While this leads to a high degree of autonomy if you like that, it also leaves few positions for ambitious and talented employees to grow into.

Consider adding more lower - middle management positions, or other avenues to advance valuable employees. Otherwise they will eventually look elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for PNM Resources

Worked for PNM Resources? Contribute to the Community!