PNM Resources
www.pnmresources.com Albuquerque, NM 1000 to 5000 Employees

It was a great place to work, not so anymore!

Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat experience, I've learned a lot and worked with some wonderful people. Pay is very good for New Mexico.

ConsIn one word, "Management." Upper management has the philosophy, "Do as I say, not as I do." All they care about is how big their bonus is going to be and how much money they make. It is all about appearances now. They've gotten rid of a lot of good people and the only ones who are left are the ones who claw their way over their co-workers and stab them in the back to get what they want. Morale is at an all time low. The company is swimming in bureaucracy thanks to an over zealous HR department. Performance plans, for example, are very arduous to complete and in the long run, don't mean a thing. The new kicker this year is that a certain percentage of employees in each department now have to get a "Needs Improvement," regardless of how the department or the individual is actually performing -- talk about de-motivating!

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit worrying so much about yourselves and start worrying about what's really good for the company and the people who work here. We're the worst rated utility in the nation, and management wears it as a badge of honor! Quit blaming the PRC for its lack of support on rate increases and start doing the job you [emphasis on "you"] were hired to do and get paid obscenely well to do.

Senior Management is a problem

I worked at PNM Resources

Pros: Employees at Director Level and below worked hard and worked together to make the company a great place to work. Environment was… Cons: Senior Management failed to move the company into a profitable direction and started hacking up the company to make the books look good. Instead… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the greed and start giving back to the people and community you serve--you'll live a happier life. We're all given a slim opportunity… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It was a good place to work.

I worked at PNM Resources

Pros: Company takes care of you. Good people to work with. It's a… Cons: Unorganized. Management was not to organized. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PNM Resources.

Worked for PNM Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNM Resources reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNM Resources CEO Patricia K. (Pat) Vincent-Collawn. All reviews posted anonymously by PNM Resources employees.