PNM Resources

www.pnmresources.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for PNM Resources

It was a great place to work, not so anymore!

I worked at PNM Resources

Pros

Great experience, I've learned a lot and worked with some wonderful people. Pay is very good for New Mexico.

Cons

In one word, "Management." Upper management has the philosophy, "Do as I say, not as I do." All they care about is how big their bonus is going to be and how much money they make. It is all about appearances now. They've gotten rid of a lot of good people and the only ones who are left are the ones who claw their way over their co-workers and stab them in the back to get what they want. Morale is at an all time low. The company is swimming in bureaucracy thanks to an over zealous HR department. Performance plans, for example, are very arduous to complete and in the long run, don't mean a thing. The new kicker this year is that a certain percentage of employees in each department now have to get a "Needs Improvement," regardless of how the department or the individual is actually performing -- talk about de-motivating!

Quit worrying so much about yourselves and start worrying about what's really good for the company and the people who work here. We're the worst rated utility in the nation, and management wears it as a badge of honor! Quit blaming the PRC for its lack of support on rate increases and start doing the job you [emphasis on "you"] were hired to do and get paid obscenely well to do.

12 Other Employee Reviews for PNM Resources (View Most Recent)

Senior Management is a problem

I worked at PNM Resources

Pros

Employees at Director Level and below worked hard and worked together to make the company a great place to work. Environment was team oriented with celebrated success across the company and there used to be company organized events with the focus on helping the community.

Cons

Senior Management failed to move the company into a profitable direction and started hacking up the company to make the books look good. Instead of building up, it became years of tear-down and layoffs in a very poor economy. People who should have been let go due to lack of performance were kept and good people and knowledge walked to the door. IT was outsourced to India and the place is falling apart. Management gets a huge bonus but the employees and customers pay the price. Its really unfortunate. Change Senior Management now before there isn't anything left.

Stop the greed and start giving back to the people and community you serve--you'll live a happier life. We're all given a slim opportunity to make something of ourselves and, in the end, we aren't measured by how much wealth we've acquired but what we've done for our fellow man. The work is always going to be there but its the employees you've helped along the way that really matter.

It was a good place to work.

I worked at PNM Resources

Pros

Company takes care of you.
    Good people to work with.
    It's a public utility company.

Cons

Unorganized.
    Management was not to organized.

There are newer employer reviews for PNM Resources