PNM Resources

There are newer employer reviews for PNM Resources

TX Takeover Ruined the Company

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Program Analyst in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at PNM Resources full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
Market Pay
Educational Assistance
Enjoyed working with most of my colleagues

Cons

Lost their loyalty to NM employees when TX came to town
Very political and cliche-ish
No recognition for finishing your degree, Bachelors or Masters

Get rid of the IT Management - they only look good because they expect folks to work 24/7.

People will work their hearts out if they feel that their manager and the company at least pretends to care about them. This company doesn't even pretend anymore.

They only like the people who are willing to sacrifice their personal time to work because there is so much work to do and not enough people to do it.

12 Other Employee Reviews for PNM Resources (View Most Recent)

PNM Resources headed in wrong direction

I worked at PNM Resources full-time

Pros

Was a very good company until new management. Worked in organization for many years until management expanded and tried to grow too fast.

Cons

Company moral and management style got so bad I decided to go else where. Management not looking for what is best for company, but to line their own pockets.

It was a great place to work, not so anymore!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at PNM Resources

Pros

Great experience, I've learned a lot and worked with some wonderful people. Pay is very good for New Mexico.

Cons

In one word, "Management." Upper management has the philosophy, "Do as I say, not as I do." All they care about is how big their bonus is going to be and how much money they make. It is all about appearances now. They've gotten rid of a lot of good people and the only ones who are left are the ones who claw their way over their co-workers and stab them in the back to get what they want. Morale is at an all time low. The company is swimming in bureaucracy thanks to an over zealous HR department. Performance plans, for example, are very arduous to complete and in the long run, don't mean a thing. The new kicker this year is that a certain percentage of employees in each department now have to get a "Needs Improvement," regardless of how the department or the individual is actually performing -- talk about de-motivating!

Quit worrying so much about yourselves and start worrying about what's really good for the company and the people who work here. We're the worst rated utility in the nation, and management wears it as a badge of honor! Quit blaming the PRC for its lack of support on rate increases and start doing the job you [emphasis on "you"] were hired to do and get paid obscenely well to do.

There are newer employer reviews for PNM Resources