There are newer employer reviews for PNY Technologies

If you need a job and they offer you one, go for it. But don't count on PNY to be your last career stop.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at PNY Technologies

Pros

The products were pretty neat as I have always enjoyed learning about them even before I started working there. I'm a big fan of technology.

Most of the people I came across were pretty friendly. The benefit package was pretty good as well. The Paid Time Off system for vacation/personal/sick days seemed decent, but not the best. Employee discounts on products were good, too.

Cons

There is an uneasiness about working there. Random people are at times let go with not too much of an indication as to why. Then when they are let go, the reasons management and HR give them are very broad, "beat around the bush" answers and that's all they tell them. Employees often wonder if they might be the next to go even though everything seems fine. Perhaps it's the economy, too, and PNY management does not want to admit it. But it just seems that a lot of employees just don't feel comfortable.

Advice to Management

Like I said, random people are let go without much of an indication as to why. With that being said, I think Senior Management should have their facts straight before they jump into such a decision that could really change someone's life. Also, the work environment at PNY is very fast-paced, which is fine, but a little more organization and communication might help to minimize this.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ok but constrainted

I worked at PNY Technologies full-time

Pros

good working environment & peers

Cons

future career development & industry future

Advice to Management

focus on real performance not generally

2. Superb company culture

Current Employee - Staff Firmware Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Firmware Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PNY Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The managers do a good job of keeping the work hours under 40-50 hours per week
    - The engineers here come from Apple, SanDisk, Intel, Google etc. so it is a very diverse and very intelligent group of engineers
    - Very fun projects, the technology here is being built from the ground up
    - The people and the culture give us an edge over the competition

Cons

The coffee machine here is always breaking down, but there is a starbucks on the first floor and we are relocating across the hall next month and we are supposed to get a new machine

Advice to Management

Please continue to enforce the work life balance, coming from big name companies working 50+ hours a week is a thing of the past, WE LOVE working here, and more importantly WE LOVE spending more time at home with our families