Run away from this Company

I worked at PNY Technologies

Pros

There are no good reasons to join this company. It's a toxic environment

Cons

Extreme turnover. No HR policy on dismissals. Dismissals made by managers without documentation. No Training. Non flexible work hours and lack of communication between departments. Extreme turnover in ever department. Strange and very private company with little efforts made to the employees.

Advice to Management

Hire a professional degreed HR staff that is well versed in HR policy and laws. Hire an independant third party consulting firm to investigate high turnover.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you need a job and they offer you one, go for it. But don't count on PNY to be your last career stop.

I worked at PNY Technologies

Pros

The products were pretty neat as I have always enjoyed learning about them even before I started working there. I'm a big fan of technology. Most of the people I came across were pretty friendly. The benefit package was pretty good as well. The Paid Time Off system for vacation/personal/sick days seemed decent, but not the best. Employee discounts on products were good, too.

Cons

There is an uneasiness about working there. Random people are at times let go with not too much of an indication as to why. Then when they are let go, the reasons management and HR give them are very broad, "beat around the bush" answers and that's all they tell them. Employees often wonder if they might be the next to go even though everything seems fine. Perhaps it's the economy, too, and PNY management does not want to admit it. But it just seems that a lot of employees just don't feel comfortable.

Advice to Management

Like I said, random people are let go without much of an indication as to why. With that being said, I think Senior Management should have their facts straight before they jump into such a decision that could really change someone's life. Also, the work environment at PNY is very fast-paced, which is fine, but a little more organization and communication might help to minimize this.

2. ok but constrainted

I worked at PNY Technologies full-time

Pros

good working environment & peers

Cons

future career development & industry future

Advice to Management

focus on real performance not generally