PODS

www.pods.com
  www.pods.com
There are newer employer reviews for PODS

PODS is the place to work.

I have been working at PODS

Pros

PODS prefers to promote within the company.

Cons

Better Communication with call center employees.

61 Other Employee Reviews for PODS (View Most Recent)

Outstanding Employer with internal promotion ratio of +75%!!!

I have been working at PODS

Pros

Fun and dynamic Company with a true focus on the employee and creating a comfortable work environment for all employees. The Human Resources Department is always recognizing/rewarding employees and Departments for achievements both small and great. During the "busy season" (March - October), there are weekly/fun promotions and incentives from root beer floats to dress down days, i.e., "beach day", flip flop day, etc. There are monthly Town Hall meetings for all employees and quarterly "Socials".

There are hiring initiatives which bring in "Seasonal" employees to assist with the busy season demands of our Clients. Each "Seasonal" employee is given equal opportunity to convert to a full-time employee with benefits with reasonable performance. It has been my experience that most disgruntled employees were hired "seasonally" and decided to get serious about their "conversion" to full-time status, once the clock had already run out for them. Seasonal employees who have 1.) come to work, 2.) provided high quality sales/service and 3.) exemplified professional behavior have had NO difficulty whatsoever being offered a full-time position which is the goal of this Employer!

In my 2 years with PODS, it has been my experience that the employees voicing dissatisfactoin with our Employer base their feelings solely on their own willingness to 1.) come to work, and 2.) perform according to reasonable standards

PODS has the most liberal attendance policy I've ever seen. Unfortunately, because it is liberal, some employees take advantage of the system and leave what they think is a reaonsble "cushion" for emergencies. When these emergencies do in fact occur, in most cases, the employee's cushion is not sufficient. At a minimum, PODS is 100% fair and consistent in its Employee practices.

Cons

In a cyclical industry, it is sometimes difficult to predict the staffing levels of our Call Center and not all special requests can be honored on a daily basis. The nature of our business relies on our Call Centers (3) and staffing during business hours is priority #1. Any employee with any sort of Call Center experience is aware of the conformance/adherence measurements that are in place.

Thank you for all you do, have done and will continue to do to keep PODS the leader in the industry. Your employees thank you!

Most depressing work experience of my life

Former Employee - Universal Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Universal Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at PODS

Pros

It's a source of income in a down-turned economy and competitive job market. I also had amazing co-workers (not including the insufferable supervisors).

Cons

1) Performance goals that are nonsensical, outdated, and seemingly designed to weed out seasonal sales and customer services agents, but more so the sales agents, once the "busy season" is over.

2) Supervisors have absolutely no leadership skills and seem to only be there to enforce trivial rules. They are annoyed when you have a question and generally are not concerned with good customer service.

3) Amazingly strict dress-code for a call-center (excluding the supervisors because they seem to be able to wear whatever they want).

4) Amazingly strict attendance policy that does not allow you to visit a doctor or tend to a sick child without disciplinary action and a "write-up" (even when you plan ahead and get a doctor's note).

5) Trainers do not give enough information about the job. You're told PODS agents do not follow a phone script, but find later that you must verbatim use scripted lines in order to pass amazingly strict phone quality score. There's no consistency in grading quality scores. The script consists of talking customers to death.

6) Work environment was garbage until they finally renovated, which makes me feel sorry for all the people before me.

7) No latitude for independent judgement, including contacting customers back with important information, sending customers documents or e-mail (generally good customer communication). You MUST stay chained to your desk and only receive incoming calls, and don't think about getting up to pee...or the supervisors will question why you're up. You must stay seated and raise your hand when you need something...sound familiar...grade school?

Leadership came in from Florida to the Dallas call center to go over "team building". It was quite literally a meeting of "we're working on that". I questioned all the mandatory over-time and how I felt it was done at the wrong part of the season (just before busy season). I was told by the call center management that the mandatory over-time was done to help supplement the low number of employees they were unable to hire. Fine, but because the mandatory over-time happened too early...we were still understaffed during the true busy season and hit pretty hard. This is just one example of poor management and senior leadership. During the "early mandatory-overtime" we literally sat around and twiddled our thumbs until a call came in.

The call center management even agreed that PODS is an overpriced moving option. The prices were heightened up because POD container numbers are low (supply and demand?). But here's my problem, they did not adjust the performance goals to reflect the increased difficulty in selling containers that are now way over competitor pricing and sometimes impossible to sell.

My advice to management, actually listen to your subordinate's ideas and concerns. The important ones...not whether Dallas call center gets to have a cinco de mayo party next year.

There are newer employer reviews for PODS