There are newer employer reviews for PODS

A job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Non stop call after call for hours at a time.

Advice to Management

None

reviews filtered by

A down hill spiral

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime, advancement opportunites, decent base pay.

Cons

It saddens me to have to write a poor review for this company because not 6 months ago I was singing it's praises. Not only did they take a borderline impossible attendance policy and make it harder they also cut our bonus by more than half. The company is definately not going broke with 100 mile moves costing in the thousands so I don't get it. I feel like they are trying to anger us, trying to see just how far they can push. They give PTO and floating holidays but then deny requests "due to business needs" all the time, it doesn't matter how far in advance you ask if it isn't December you aren't going anywhere. By the time it is said and done I will have the whole month of December off paid so maybe I will get happy then. I could go on and on but I will just say that my awesome job has turned to crap since December

Advice to Management

Fire the new guy. He made some terrible decisions that have made for some extremely unhappy employees. Cutting the pay of your good employees to make room for the mediocre ones to get paid is a horrible logic. And for god's sake have ACTUAL supervisors answer the supervisor phone. Please, Im begging. Calling a supe line and getting an agent who has been here less time than I and having to explain why they are wrong is so frustrating I can't even explain. I would love to not have to call 8 times to get a discount above 10% "Oh jee, sorry I only have the same ability as you if not less. Better luck next time is not a response I need to hear.

Change is taking place

Current Employee - Sales in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

PODS is growing. The company hired a new VP for the call center, who is making come great changes to the environment. Also hired a new training director...!Company had a record years in 2013 and from what I hear, we are ahead of our plan for this year. I know that the commission plan changed, but the company continues to do the right thing when it comes to making sure that we get paid from our sales and meeting our goals. For the most part the supervisors are there for us and offer as much help as we need to meet our goals.

Cons

There is a lot of shifting in the pay plan, seems like we are making adjustments, but I hear they are good. A lot of pressure is placed on everyone to meet sales goals. A couple of the managers in the call center might need to go... Facilities need to be updated, but they are working on them now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to make the call center a better place to work. Actually listen to us, we do have some good ideas...

There are newer employer reviews for PODS