There are newer employer reviews for POP

Thin Veneer of 'Cool', Nightmare on the Inside.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at POP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing 'sense' of culture and unbelievably nice office space (assuming you like the open-office environment thing).

Cons

Unfortunately, the carefully curated culture and beautiful office space are designed to distract you from the realities of how POP works. It will take you just a few months to realize what you have signed up for. Over time you will discover a powerfully manipulative and incompetent leadership that us inexplicably guarded and regularly enabled by the CEO.

Advice to Management

Advance Publications (new silent owners of POP) should come to Seattle, sit down with leadership and take a very close look at what's going on. They should seriously consider hiring an actual CEO and qualified executives. The current CEO fostering a toxic leadership environment and directly limiting the growth of POP by doing so. Decisive, swift action to course-correct may save POP from the present downward spiral. I would also recommend that management think carefully about who sits at the executive table and the hidden, inside culture that is being maintained. Many, presently at that table, are home grown and do not understand how to do more than defend their position. Others are so poor at their discipline and blinded by their own egos that clients have requested them off of their business. I think it's time for a makeover.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

great people, great company

Former Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at POP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the people at POP. Pretty much everyone I worked with from PM, to designer, to developer, were professional and good at what they did. The work space was modern and well done - they had a foosball table, ping pong table, awesome kitchen, etc.

Cons

As with pretty much any agency, some of the work may not be always be a great fit with what one enjoys. I encountered this, but still enjoyed working at POP and would recommend them as an agency or an employer.

A good place to get your start in the industry. Lackluster for experienced professionals

Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at POP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clients, engaging projects and amazing talent

Cons

Low pay Out of touch, inexperienced executive team (only worked at POP) Culture of just giving in to client whims, regardless of what's really best for their needs (fear-based decision making from executive team)

Advice to Management

Have some conviction, and not just go for CYA strategies