There are newer employer reviews for POP

Excellent talent and fantastic opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Senior Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at POP as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

• I've worked with POP as a remote freelance senior designer on and off since 2011. I've worked with many other agencies (large and small) and POP is honestly one of my favorites to work with. They nail it on both a team member and a project level.

• There are some amazing Art and Creative Directors that know how to motivate and inspire. Mind-blowing work comes out of these collaborations. I get fired up and inspired working with these people. It's what makes me love my job.

• I've had some killer opportunities to work on cool projects with fun clients.

• POP has always treated me well. I get paid on time per our contract.

Cons

95% of the time the POP team members are fantastic at their jobs. Being a remote contract designer, stellar communication is essential. In general, PMs are amazing schedulers and communicators. Same for Art Directors. However, every once in awhile I come across someone that isn't up to snuff, but it's few and far between.

The POP Star awards are brilliant. It is very rewarding to receive one. I love that contractors can earn them too. I'd love to get feedback from my team members on what I can improve so that I make sure I'm at the top of my game to get more work with POP.

28 Other Employee Reviews for POP (View Most Recent)

A great agency for contract/freelance work

I have been working at POP as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Very good list of clients and projects
    - Contractor pay rate is competitive
    - Collaborative work environment when working on user experience solutions.
    - PM’s are almost always top notch and manage communications very well.
    - HR and Project sourcing is very reliable, flexible
    - One of the few top-tier marketing agencies that supports remote working for senior-level contractors

Cons

- Team members occasionally isolate outside contractors from full project engagement.
    - Assigned projects can get delayed/moved on short notice. A few are resourced incorrectly, and you’re never utilized for work. These events force a contractor like myself to scramble or double book in the future to make up for the difference.
    - Like other agencies, you may find yourself having to crank out a lot of deliverables in an extremely short timespan to meet expectations set by the company. It’s the job, but it can be a “con” if it’s continuous.

I’ve been working for POP for quite a long time as an outside contractor. Generally I’ve been pretty happy working for them. I hope they consider expanding their capabilities with remote working in the future, especially for international project opportunities.

Great work, great people!

Former Employee - Interactive Architect in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Interactive Architect in Seattle, WA

I worked at POP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

POP is one of the best agencies to work for in Seattle (and probably Costa Rica). It was certainly the best agency that I've worked for. They have a top notch list of clients, great employees and excellent offices in both Seattle and Costa Rica.

Cons

The cons about working at POP are inherent to any agency job. All the work comes at once so sometimes the hours are very long; no single process works for every client so there is a lot of process overhead; and you don't necessarily get to feel ownership of a particular product as projects tend to be very short.

If an employee—that you wish to keep as an employee—asks you for something very specific don't wait until they put in their notice before you offer it to them.

There are newer employer reviews for POP