Terrible work environment.

Former Employee - Contracted GIS Analyst in Boise, ID
Former Employee - Contracted GIS Analyst in Boise, ID

Pros

The office was full of intelligent people, a strong interest in working hard and getting things done. Definitely a good collection of brain power.

Cons

Very awkward and cold office surroundings, people were generally unfriendly. A perfect example was "beer friday", while it was great to have such an offering, everyone would typically take their drinks and chips and go back to their desks. Also, the bathroom there was a chamber of horrors!

Advice to Management

Hard to say, honestly the company served it's function in terms of making money and getting things done. The only issues I had was with the cold environment.

Other Employee Reviews for POWER Engineers

1. Very glad I was able to move on.

I worked at POWER Engineers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At this time I can't think of any.

Cons

Poor management. Too many aging ego's trying to run a business. Ethics...what ethics? No you are not an international company, you are a wannabe international company.

Advice to Management

Realize that you do not know all of the answers. Yes, their are people who have more experience in certain areas than you do. Put aside your egos and become a real management team. Look up the definition of ethics and see that POWER Engineers is not listed there as an example.

2. A tecnologically innovative company owned and operated by a dedicated group of hard working and hard playing employees.

I have been working at POWER Engineers full-time

Pros

Top-rated energy industry engineering consulting firm is one whose team you're proud to be on. Internal politics are next to zero. Everyone works together as a team to reach our goals and make our clients happy. Long-term employees mentor newer ones and so the lessons learned are passed on to the next generation of employees. Good benefits are provided to all.

Cons

There is relatively low pay for folks lower on the totem pole and sometimes you put in a lot of OT.