There are newer employer reviews for PPC

Was Proud to Work There at One Time

I worked at PPC

Pros

Before the management shake up in the Fall of 2011, PPC was a pretty good place to work. I felt that I had a great relationship the Senior Management Team, felt like there was an open door policy, was treated fairly and generally went home feeling like I accomplished something and looked forward (for the most part) to going back to work the next day.

Cons

The new CEO is completely out of touch with the company and doesn't care about it's history or employees. He wants to change the company culture and it feels like he's driving out all of the people who know PPC best and can help it succeed to bring in his own people. That's his prerogative as the new leader but his blatent disrespect of employees and people who want the company succeed is stressful. In November, 14 people were laid off, including in finance and accounting, now there is a push to re-hire for those positions that were "eliminated" because PPC can't keep up with it's own billing. On top of that, the company has no money and collection calls from vendors to subcontractors is constant. It's a sad place to be and people are running for the hills to get out of there. The new CEO was brought in to make tough changes and turn the company around. However his own employment history shows that he hasn't been at any place long enough to make an impact, what makes AEA think he can do it here?

PPC needs to be folded in with it's sister company or sold. If not that, a new CEO needs to be brought in. PPC was always a place that was proud of it's history and respect for it's employees, leadership should reflect that.

46 Other Employee Reviews for PPC (View Most Recent)

Overall very positive...if you give help, others help you.

I have been working at PPC

Pros

There is a lot of change going on...some bad, some good. On the good side, there is a new focus on technology services. I see this as positive since that is how the company grew in the first place. Change has brought in some new blood...while allowing exsting staff the opportunity to step up. From what I read, the new Global CEO in London has experience with technology firms, unlike previous Global CEO. New PPC CEO is also from a tech firm...so maybe this will help us get back on track (i.e. start winning again). He is getting involved in the business...that is a good thing (he knows what we do). You are likely to see him walking the halls talking to folks.

Cons

There is currently a lot of change and it is causing stress throughout the organization. Communication could be better, but my hunch is there is no conspiracy to hide things from us...senior mgmt may not know everything given the changes at the parent (AEA). Maybe the biggest drag on morale is not knowing exactly what is going to happen...but then again, things are tough everywhere. My friends in other firms talk about the exact same things I complain about here. We don't seem to have a concrete path forward yet...that is causing stress.

Focus on what the firm does best (technology services), develop a plan, invest in your people, and communicate as best you can (don't assume everyone knows what you know).

Chaos, followed by more chaos

Current Employee - Principal
    Current Employee - Principal

I have been working at PPC

Pros

Good relationship with fellow employees

Cons

Management is always behind the curve. The constant fire drills are due in large part to the lack of management skills.

Comunicate and plan better.

There are newer employer reviews for PPC

Worked for PPC? Contribute to the Community!