There are newer employer reviews for PPC

Company Dying a Slow Death

I worked at PPC full-time

Pros

I worked at PPC for many years. In the first part of my employment the company had a very employee friendly culture and had a more egalitarian approach to sharing the companies success as most good employees were rewarded with bonuses. Things were far from perfect but I appreciated the flexibility the company offered. The egalitarian culture changed with time but it was still a good place to work until the sale to AEA in 2008.

Cons

When the company was sold to AEA it placed great cash demands on PPC which limited the reward given to employees and created significant issues with paying the company's obligations. The culture of the company changed, good people left, and the company experienced significant fiscal hardship. The company experienced another sale in 2013 and the problems have gotten worse. Along with the fiscal problems and layoffs, the company appears to be blind to the massive incompetence it has in its senior management. This company is dying a slow death.

Either take a hard look and shake up the senior management or just cash in your chips

46 Other Employee Reviews for PPC (View Most Recent)

Terrible Management, Revolving Door of employees

I worked at PPC

Pros

They had company happy hours

Cons

Management is completely Clueless... I have no idea how they are still around

Training and listening to your employees

Positive for years, then a free-fall and bottom is not yet in sight.

I worked at PPC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing people...they really believed in the firm. They are mostly gone now.

Cons

Once AEA bought PPC, the need for cash on the part of AEA was beyond the ability of PPC to produce...the pressure broke PPC. The CEO brought in for 2012 was a disaster...but to be fair, no one would have succeeded...the firm was broken and he did not have the leadership qualities to rally the troops or authority to create a new business plan. The fire-sale brought in new leadership that has not been able to break the fall and they too are now in trouble (layoffs continue as their business dwindles).

Give it up...you are prolonging the inevitable.

There are newer employer reviews for PPC

Worked for PPC? Contribute to the Community!