Really Friendly!

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at PPG part-time

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie when working there. Jerks are few and far between, and the company wants to keep it that way.

Cons

Naturally, working in the labs can be dirty, and some of the buildings don't have air conditioning. They do give out free water if the temperature is high though.

Advice to Management

Just make sure you take care of the factory workers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. PPG Industries

I have been working at PPG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good enough corporate policies. Possibility of growing within the company.

Cons

Arbitrarily enforced policies. Shockingly lax discipline. Not family friendly. I am reserving judgement in other matters until I have been there long enough to seej

Advice to Management

Advise all of your facilities/offices to be more consistent with the core values of the company. Insist on making PPG a great place to work, no matter where you are based. Regarding work/life balance, this is what is stated on the corporate website - "At PPG we are committed to enabling a healthy balance..." This is, unfortunately, NOT the case where I work. And this is not even single parents having trouble. It is also single guys just needed to go to a dentist.

2. Mostly positive experience so far

I have been working at PPG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional operation that seems to respect ideas and opinions of employees. Mostly quality employees that take their work seriously. Retirement savings plans are above average. Vacation and personal time allowance is average.

Cons

Training plans for new employees could be improved greatly. Communication issues seem to be minor obstacles between management and subordinates. (Of course, that is common in many corporate environments.) Health benefit rates for dependents of salaried, non-exempt employees seem very high for a company with 35K+ employees.