There are newer employer reviews for PPG

Management Trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee
Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at PPG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training program so far, they really make sure you are ready to take on the challenge of running your own store. Large company with plenty of room for advancement if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

You must be willing to relocate or they will not hire you. Unfortunate if you would like to stay where you are at, but that is all part of the job.

208 Other Employee Reviews for PPG (View Most Recent)

R&D technician (contractor)

Former Employee - Lab Tech  in  Shelby, NC
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in Shelby, NC

I worked at PPG as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Nobody was willing to do anything(horrible morale) so I got to try my hand at several different areas and operate many different tools I would have otherwise never touched.

Cons

poor ethics-

I've repackaged competitors products and slapped stickers on it for the sake of shipping a sample and quoting a price on something we did not manufacture.

I was promised a raise if I got A, B, and C done only to be given a 6 month extension on the promised raise, then a 12 month extension, then a complete denial of ever offering a raise.

Exposure to chemicals without workers knowledge, calling them proprietary formulas. multiple instances of of lying to workers in regards to handled materials resulting in injury. No corrective action was taken, and workers couldn't fire workers comp because they would lose their pension.

I had so many bosses, yet maybe I had none... I seriously still dont understand the hierarchy. Some people took advantage of this. Responsibility was kicked around like a soccer ball.

Clueless in the stores division

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at PPG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not many... I guess if I had to mention one it would be work/life balance. Stores mostly closed on weekends and reps not expected to work.

Cons

Clueless middle and upper management is the biggest one. Also, company paid considerably less than most competitors. No organization chart, no HR support, no LP presence. No room for advancement as they constantly look outside the company instead of promoting from within. For such a large company, benefits are average at best and pretty expensive. No appreciation from middle and upper management for delivering results. Instead they like to either nitpick you over little things or say nothing at all and get rid of you. Little or no training provided as middle management is completely incompetent and have no clue where to start. I could go on and on.... stay away from the stores division unless you like being treated with little respect, like being underpaid and underappreciated, and enjoy being taught next to nothing but expected to deliver results.

Actually care about your employees and take interest in your stores. Don't act like you are better than the people you supervise, it only creates disloyalty

There are newer employer reviews for PPG

Worked for PPG? Contribute to the Community!