PPG

www.ppg.com
  www.ppg.com
There are newer employer reviews for PPG

Good company to work for.

I have been working at PPG

Pros

Lots of different areas to work in and explore. It is expected for you to work in different businesses to advance. Almost all employees are good people.

Cons

The usual suspects for a large company. Red tape, communication not always great, working with multiple groups on a task can be a challenge.

Focus more on talented employees rather than ones that have been there a long time.

230 Other Employee Reviews for PPG (View Most Recent)

Olympic Paint + Lowes = Regret

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at PPG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*the sound of paint drying*

Cons

Is there a word limit? I made the mistake of taking this job and it didn't take long to figure out I was set up to fail. For a giant company with a supposedly great reputation they treat their new reps very bad and you can make more money selling shoes at the mall. Bigger problem than that is Lowes store. There is only so much you can do there. Managers hide in their office. They can be very mean to vendors.

Don't misrepresent the job. The bait and switch routine is ridiculous. Just tell it like it is. Stop micro managing. Treat people right and resist the urge to take advantage of them in a stinker economy. People will work hard for you but only if you are fair to them too. Managing by fear is for losers. Check the price of rent in the area before making an insulting offer to someone and refusing to negotiate. The car is nice but no thanks. I left the keys on the seat.

It has been a mixed experience. Sometimes it has been good but overall, it has been ok.

I have been working at PPG full-time

Pros

Work/life balance, competitive salary & benefits

Cons

No clear oppurtunities for advancement

There are newer employer reviews for PPG