There are newer employer reviews for PPG

Opportunity if our willing to move

Current Employee - CDP Management Trainee
Current Employee - CDP Management Trainee

I have been working at PPG full-time

Pros

Growth opportunity, solid company, great training program

Cons

Have to move to get promotions most of the time, POS systems, Pay bonus structure

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. very short

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at PPG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are really no Pro's to working at PPG because I was only with them for a very short time. This was due to they purchased the company I was with and closed my location.

Cons

Even though I was given a severance package PPG did not follow any of the requirements set forth within the package. The payment was 7 days late and they said payroll had the final say. That was not stated in the signed agreement. They fought me for unemployment benefits after laying me off. They was very little respect from the zone manager, he basically threw me out of the building on my last day. Absolutely zero support from HR and local management.

Advice to Management

When you are making changes to the business plan it would be considerate to allow people to speak how they feel instead of telling them if they say anything out of line your severance will be terminated. Also when you layoff a store manager it is not good policy to make them talk up the company so you do not lose any business especially when threatening with loss of severance. Also the sales force needs to be more focused on selling rather than focusing efforts to have the employee removed early, and be more cooperative during the transition phase. Lastly the sales and zone manager should tell the employee that their lively hood is not important to them, that sends the message of be happy you are getting a severance and that is it. If there are current open positions the employee could have filled then why were they not offered and why is the former employee being told that his skills do not meet those required for the job he was just laid off from. Basically you allow a good ole boy club to exist and if you do not fit you are out.

SAP project,....be afraid, Be VERY AFRAID!!!!!!

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PPG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, Benefits. Long running business with a good reputation.

Cons

Everything else. The project has a turnover worthy of a poorly managed Mcdonalds. Management just sent out an email that said "Happy Mother's Day, mandatory 12 hour days M-F until further notice." It's too late for me ...save yourself!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Would not waste the keystrokes.