PPL

Very satisfied for the last 23 of 31 years

Former Employee - Nujclear Electrical Designer in Allentown, PA
Former Employee - Nujclear Electrical Designer in Allentown, PA

I worked at PPL

Pros

From 1981 till I retired in 2003 PPL, Nuclear, was the place to work. Money was good in drafting and your work was appreciated

Cons

Turbulent times after I retired with medical costs going thru the ceiling. Only in the very begining of my career did I contribute to medical insurance. No cost medical cost was the talk from the management rep explained that there was no cost to the retiree, just look at the past. Bull I pay $370+ per month. Cheap by all standards but unexpected

Bring back the little things to show employees that you appreciate the work done each department. Reinstate the act of giving the small gifts when schedules are met.

54 Other Employee Reviews for PPL (View Most Recent)

PPL is stable and compensates well.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Allentown, PA

I have been working at PPL

Pros

Overall pay and benefits are great. Private life is considered by managers. Employment is stable.

Cons

Work is not cutting edge. Advancement is not based on performance.

Trust the experience and knowledge of good employees more.

Great Pay, too much paperwork and bs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwick, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwick, PA

I have been working at PPL

Pros

The pay is great and your job is pretty much guaranteed unless you really screw up. Also there should be opportunities as time goes on because the workforce is getting very old.

Cons

Too much paperwork, management is disconnected from the employees, the answer to fixing things is to add another layer of paperwork to get something done. Management is scared to fire trouble employees and still give them raises.

Management needs to simplify the way things are done at the organization and they also need to grow a backbone to support their employees. It could be a great company if there was a true vision.

There are newer employer reviews for PPL