PPL
www.pplweb.com Allentown, PA 5000+ Employees

Great Pay, too much paperwork and bs

Berwick, PA

I have been working at PPL

ProsThe pay is great and your job is pretty much guaranteed unless you really screw up. Also there should be opportunities as time goes on because the workforce is getting very old.

ConsToo much paperwork, management is disconnected from the employees, the answer to fixing things is to add another layer of paperwork to get something done. Management is scared to fire trouble employees and still give them raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to simplify the way things are done at the organization and they also need to grow a backbone to support their employees. It could be a great company if there was a true vision.

Allow employees to have a voice.

Happily Retired (Former Employee)
Allentown, PA

I worked at PPL

Pros: PPL paid above average wages and great benfits. Cons: PPL, in recent years, seemed to regrad its employees as throw-aways. Management seldom provided feedback for jobs well-done. Rather they focued on the negative. New… Advice to Senior Management: Keep focusing on generation and wholesalre markets. Electric Utilties is nothing more than an annoyance in… More

Good company

I have been working at PPL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay and compensation within the industry Cons: Unable to fix problems effectivly Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PPL.

Worked for PPL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PPL reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PPL CEO William H. Spence. All reviews posted anonymously by PPL employees.