PR Newswire

www.prnewswire.com

Opportunity Lurks at PRN, for Those Willing to Avail Themselves

IT Technologist (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsSmaller shop than some (though certainly not tiny) means more opportunity for a range of responsibilities, with commensurate breadth of experience acquireable in connection with them. Chance to look good in a crisis, or as a real contributor when you just provide what they always should have had anyway. PRN pays better than average, and provides good benefits too. Recently acquired a new CEO, who at this point appears to be have excellent insight and vision for the company's direction. I have received much positive feedback about my own contributions, through a formal recognition program that includes modest cash gifts and public (peer) acknowledgment.

ConsThis year, because of the economic downturn, they discontinued paying for seminars/coursework/higher education, etc. They also have discontinued a good training program for new hires, so you're on your own about coming up to speed on their products (and in IT, there's little to describe how it all works). Recent changes in this area of the company have made it somewhat unstable, but I have hope that that will improve, now that the major earthquake is past. The reality is that the reason there's *opportunity* here is that there's *need* for improvement. The existing IT architectures need updating, but management knows it, and is working to improve the environment, to stabilize it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a real vision, with *detailed* plans how we'll get there. You may have such a vision in your mind, but you need to make it more clear to us, so that we can execute on it effectively, and get ourselves and the company into a better competitive position.

Great company

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at PR Newswire

Pros: When I got the job, I really felt that I won something. PR Newswire… Cons: Lay offs left them w/bad morale. Also, there wasn't much… Advice to Senior Management: Do a better job with Change Management when there is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good job but very stressful.

Assistant Editor (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at PR Newswire

Pros: It is a good entry-level job for those who are just out of college who really have no idea what they're going to do, especially… Cons: The wire and press releases are dying out very quickly in the Internet age -- thus PR Newswire is quickly becoming an obsolete service and… Advice to Senior Management: Better internal communication. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PR Newswire.

Worked for PR Newswire? Contribute to the Community!