A good place to get your foot in the door

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PR Newswire

Pros

The company culture is very laid back and relaxed. As long as you get your work done the bosses are happy. My bosses were very supportive however, they have since been laid off. I noticed the other departments within the company were very closed off from the dept. in which I worked.

Cons

It was just too boring and too stiff for me personally. Not a great environment to work in but not bad either. Typical corporate setting.

I am very happy with my bosses, they were great and supportive and always praised the work I did. Some of the best bosses I've ever had.

Other Reviews for PR Newswire

Not as attractive as it once was...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PR Newswire

Pros

PR Newswire employs great people and encourages a healthy work/life balance. Team work is encouraged. The benefits package is excellent in terms of PTO and 401k matching.

Cons

The company is trying to spread itself too thin and get into too many verticals (ex: Investor Relations). Failures in technology are common. Compensation plans for sales are changed on a yearly basis, with most of the Sales team having taken a dramatic pay decrease over the past 3 years. Morale is currently very low.

PR Newswire needs to make a point of offering "best of breed" products. Sales should also be compensated in terms of the products they sell and the new business they acquire. Investment in technology is another must.

Not horrible, but not great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at PR Newswire

Pros

PRN provides a pretty good life-work balance. Fun, young people to work with. I loved the free Cokes in the breakroom. Many oppurtunities for new grads.

Cons

Pay is fairly low. The work is pretty boring, too. I left before, but I understand there have been a couple rounds of lay-offs. Turnaround is high in Editorial and Client Services, as the brightest get promoted quickly.

None really - I understand the company is under new management since I left.

There are newer employer reviews for PR Newswire.

Worked for PR Newswire? Contribute to the Community!