PR Newswire

www.prnewswire.com
There are newer employer reviews for PR Newswire

A good place to get your foot in the door

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PR Newswire

Pros

The company culture is very laid back and relaxed. As long as you get your work done the bosses are happy. My bosses were very supportive however, they have since been laid off. I noticed the other departments within the company were very closed off from the dept. in which I worked.

Cons

It was just too boring and too stiff for me personally. Not a great environment to work in but not bad either. Typical corporate setting.

I am very happy with my bosses, they were great and supportive and always praised the work I did. Some of the best bosses I've ever had.

89 Other Employee Reviews for PR Newswire (View Most Recent)

Inconsistent, Incompetent, Intolerable

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at PR Newswire

Pros

Great benefits. Great comeradery among peers. Great hours. Nice perks. Fun for people into news or media. Great entry level job or first 'real' job. New CEO is rumored to be a strong leader.

Cons

Terrible compensation. No innovation. Low ceiling on potential within the company. Too political. Weak middle-managers. Complacent. Apathetic. Compensation plans change annually. Terrible ancillary products. Commdotized core product. Industry is dying.

Start paying your sales staff in major cities a liveable base salary. Give them reasons andm, more importantly, opportunities to grow within the organization. Be more consistent with commissions instead of trying to get away with paying less and less every year. You are going to lose A TON of your sales team when the hiring begins elsewhere. The company and products are too complex to let people walk away because you pay them so little and plan the goals so poorly. Get rid of all the nepotism and conflicts of interest brought on by husband and wife combos in different departments.

Not as attractive as it once was...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PR Newswire

Pros

PR Newswire employs great people and encourages a healthy work/life balance. Team work is encouraged. The benefits package is excellent in terms of PTO and 401k matching.

Cons

The company is trying to spread itself too thin and get into too many verticals (ex: Investor Relations). Failures in technology are common. Compensation plans for sales are changed on a yearly basis, with most of the Sales team having taken a dramatic pay decrease over the past 3 years. Morale is currently very low.

PR Newswire needs to make a point of offering "best of breed" products. Sales should also be compensated in terms of the products they sell and the new business they acquire. Investment in technology is another must.

There are newer employer reviews for PR Newswire