PRA Health Sciences

www.prahs.com
There are newer employer reviews for PRA Health Sciences

Es wird viel von den Angestellten erwartet - und dann noch einmal mehr. A lot expected of employees - and then even more

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mannheim (Germany)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mannheim (Germany)

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (more than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Tolle Kollegen in allen Abteilungen

Great colleagues throughout many departments

Cons

Absolut unrealistische Arbeitsbelastung, die durch häufige harsche Kritik bei Nichterfüllen kleinster Kriterien in einem Teil des Projekts gedrückt wird.

Absolutely unrealistic workload pushed for by frequent and harsh criticism for not meeting any minor detail on any part of any project.

Personal gemäß realistischen Anforderungen. Ich habe bei PRA keinen Angestellten getroffen, der dies nicht unterschreiben würde.

Staff according to realistic needs. I have met no PRA employee who will not sign this.

183 Other Employee Reviews for PRA Health Sciences (View Most Recent)

Great Place!

Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences

Pros

Nice office, great management, nice training, awesome opportunities for advancement, great industry to be in!

Cons

The only con is that the work tends to ebb and flow. You can have a lot of down of time and try to find ways to bill your time and other times you are super busy!

Great management no complaints

Eat, Sleep and Dream PRA...

Former Employee - Project Associate in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at PRA Health Sciences

Pros

I was at PRA for almost 9 years and worked in two different departments through the going public period to back to a private company. It depends on who your direct manager is, what department you are working in and overall the company atmosphere which had changed constantly there. If you don't like change, don't work for PRA - and that is both good and bad change. Benefits are competitive, raises are almost non-existent, salaries are below competitive to market. Some wonderful managers took notice to hard work. You will be busy!

Cons

You are at the mercy of who is managing your department and the department you are working in. Most managers took advantage of those who worked hard. When I left, I discovered another employee there had been fired who had less than a third of the responsibility as I did and had been on probation for years! Functional managers changed and the new one wasn't that person's friend. So everyone else had been covering for that particular employee's slack. You are not able to take your PTO and will end up not earning more due to maxing out what you earned. Work/Life balance is insane. I worked holidays, weekends, 10 hours a day and when a close family member died suddenly, I only could take 3 days because of my work load.

Be careful who you put in functional management positions. There are too many friends, too many cover ups to job performance you shouldn't accept. And employees who are constantly "loosing time" because they are unable to take their PTO should be forced to and their Functional Managers should be forced to distribute their duties elsewhere or lessen their load. (That is why they are Functional Managers!)

There are newer employer reviews for PRA Health Sciences