There are newer employer reviews for PRA Health Sciences

Going downhill day by day

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some really smart, talented people who are in worker bee positions. Many employees are friendly and I have made some lifelong friends. I think salaries are pretty competitive. I think the company's overall ideas for differentiating itself in the marketplace are good.

Cons

The working culture has really gone downhill over the past few years. We have many new managers who are bordering on incompetent and are socially inept, driven by a desire for power. They pay no attention to the worker bees and don't offer any leadership. They are also ignoring the procedures and policies that the company had set in place in years past that I believe made the company more successful than it is now. The employees are just keeping the company going by their own efforts and by just trying to figure things out for themselves.

I have noticed that new employees coming on board don't seem to get much training. There are many things about our systems and policies they don't know about, and when I have asked them "Did you get training on this system?", they say no.

Bring us back to the principles that made this company great to work for a few years ago. Make sure that you have middle managers that understand how to lead and actually support employees. Your employees want to do a good job, but they are lost in the absence of any leadership. Stop rewarding those playing for power and start supporting people who actually perform well.

159 Other Employee Reviews for PRA Health Sciences (View Most Recent)

Current stat of flux

Current Employee - Project Director
    Current Employee - Project Director

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

Try to look out for employees
    Try to listen
    If something isn't working, company will try to change

Cons

Little communication from senior management.
    Seems to be am imbalance of workload sometimes - if you are in HQ you may get overloaded.
    Some Functional managers are definitely bullies and despite complaints to HR they are still managing people

Communicate with your staff more - send out surveys asking how we are, and what the company could do better. Ask for volunteers to test new systems - not just people in HQ.

Fast initial growth

Current Employee - Clinical Programmer
    Current Employee - Clinical Programmer

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ambitious entry-level people are exposed to a lot of experience and responsibility very quickly. Lots of flexibility to work from home and flex hours depending on role. Management is attempting to streamline processes and meet the technological challenges of conducting modern clinical trials. It feels like there is better push-back on clients who drive up scope and drive down timelines. Some of the best benefits in the CRO industry (high PTO, low insurance premiums).

Cons

Upper management is reluctant to promote outside standard "years of experience" metrics, despite stating the opposite. The efforts to streamline/improve processes have led to consolidation of departments, leaving affected functions' responsibilities uncertain while the outcome is still to be determined. Training lags far behind implementation of new processes. All this upheaval without rewarding those working hard to keep up and leading others past the instability. Pay is average to below average for the industry, even after factoring in the benefits package. Too many experienced leaders are leaving for better pay, hoping for a more stable work environment.

Empower employees to drive the company forward by giving them clear line of sight in terms of processes, structure, merit-based reward systems. Encourage cross-functional team building and collaboration on improving processes rather than siloing off functions and slinging mud.

There are newer employer reviews for PRA Health Sciences

Worked for PRA Health Sciences? Contribute to the Community!