PRA is just so-so/ok

I worked at PRA Health Sciences

Pros

Nice and friendly people. Good work/life balance in clinical operations.

Cons

Very poor pay compared to industry standard. Manager could not speak grammatically correct English sometimes.

Advice to Management

Hire people from good schools.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Bad News Bears

I worked at PRA Health Sciences

Pros

Intelligent, hard-working employees Salary Benefits Free coffee and breakfast (Fridays) Central location

Cons

No work/life balance what so ever (10+ hours a day is the norm, 14-15 hours a day on deadline days) Projects are taken on under unrealistic deadlines. Upper management with stopwatch hearts. Hard to increase merit internally (though if someone comes in from somewhere else with an identical skill set, they could easily make 15k over you.) High turnover Questionably skilled leadership Way too many chiefs Unhappiness across departments.

Advice to Management

Please take notice (and action) of the mass exodus of your employees. Even though PRA is gaining clients, it will fail internally if something is not done.

PRA Health Sciences Response

May 30, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we value our employees and will take this into careful consideration.

Horrible management and "mean girl" environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate facilities are very nice, company events scheduled (only for corporate employes) throughout the year, good benefits

Cons

Very poor management on all levels. On-site corporate employees are valued while those in the field are under-valued and over-worked. Merit increases have been stripped away and the environment reminds me of high school, rumor and innuendo are rampant and upper-management is just as much a part of it (including HR/Recruiting who should know better)

Advice to Management

Spend less money on catering breakfast every Friday and expensive corporate lunches and more on rewarding individual performance.

PRA Health Sciences Response

May 30, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback and comments. We value our employees and will take this into consideration as we continuously work to improve our organization.