There are newer employer reviews for PRA Health Sciences

Good benefits, good friends and good progression.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at PRA Health Sciences full-time

Pros

Flexible working, friendly employees, lovely new office, great canteen, nice facilites around the office.

Cons

Often low morale but that could be easily remedied and may be department specific.
So busy, often hard to focus on your own development.

Advice to Management

A little more motivation, communication and structure would make this a really lovely place to be, but without it, things may start to spiral.
From what i've heard from other employees, all management could do with a little help to refocus on the personal side of their role. Building good relationships and becoming LEADERS rather than THE BOSS would make your teams hugely more productive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Many great people, but they aren't in upper management.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of good people. The grouped sick + vacation time is actually good. I'm in a good group with good people and lots of flexibility which facilitates work/life balance and ability to 'work smart', which is great.

Cons

It depends very much on which group you're in to determine whether you have the flexibility and ability to 'work smart'. Very little direction, consistency or recognition from upper management, and thus there is very little trust in them. It certainly does not seem that employees are listened to by upper management, or HR. Quite cliquey.

Advice to Management

Your employees are the key to success.

"Welcome to the Circus"

Current Employee - Internal Recruitment in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Internal Recruitment in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am an Internal Recruiter in Reading, To be completly honest I used to be very "pro" PRA in the begininng but my experience of being here several months now the most positive thing in the team is me. I am good at what I do and could bring more to the business, they should let me give more of my great advice and guidance and I kknow we could get better again.

Cons

Poor environment, a management team that are really not that competent. Long hours , unhappy workers and poor recruitment practices (I thought my last role was bad but I now realise they actually knew what they were doing!)

Advice to Management

I would like to give lots of advice that would be valuable (although I have never managed myself, I do know a lot so feel qualified to give my opinion) but they would'nt listen anyway.