PRA International

Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Charlottesville, VA
Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences

Pros

great people. everyone is willing to chip in and help out. it is a team environment. good starting salary. great benefits and very understanding when taking time off.

Cons

work load varies a lot. sometimes you will have lots of clinical sites to oversee and other days you are twiddling your thumbs.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Over Worked, Under Paid, Setup for Failure.......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I worked at PRA Health Sciences

Pros

Nice PTO package as well as a flexible work schedule.

Cons

Over worked and under paid. Awarded projects are underbid therefore all the worker bee's are drowning in work. No support from management and lead staff. Expectations too high considering how under staffed and under paid everyone is. Phase 4 department is a joke with its fake leadership and inexperience in bidding for future projects. If you want to work an eight hour day and be busy from the time you get in to the time you leave, to still find that what you have done was not good enough or unacceptable, please work for PRA International.

Advice to Management

Support your staff. If you can meet project goals and objectives, hire and don't be cheap. Don't let your current employees suffer and make them feel like failures

Top-notch CRO...where people make the difference.

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences

Pros

In such a highly scrutinized industry such as pharmaceuticals, I have found PRA International to have the utmost integrity. As a Corporate Recruiter, I deal with employees in numerous departments and at just about every career level. The people at PRA truly make the company stand out in the CRO (Contract Research Organization) world...and I have worked for 2 others.

Some nice extras...

Above average benefits package -- specifically Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. First year = 4 weeks of PTO. 3 years of service = 5 weeks of PTO. 5 years of service = 6 weeks of PTO.

Flexible work schedules. On the whole, PRA practices what it preaches when using the term "work / life balance" -- I have had no complaints.

Cons

Not as much name recognition as many other CROs. Although PRA currently employs over 3,500 people worldwide, I still talk to MANY professionals in our industry who have never heard of us!

Advice to Management

While overall corporate communication is mostly adequate...
    I believe it would be highly beneficial to receive company-wide communications / emails from specific departments / units on a much more regular basis.