PRA International

www.prahs.com

Going downhill day by day

ProsThere are some really smart, talented people who are in worker bee positions. Many employees are friendly and I have made some lifelong friends. I think salaries are pretty competitive. I think the company's overall ideas for differentiating itself in the marketplace are good.

ConsThe working culture has really gone downhill over the past few years. We have many new managers who are bordering on incompetent and are socially inept, driven by a desire for power. They pay no attention to the worker bees and don't offer any leadership. They are also ignoring the procedures and policies that the company had set in place in years past that I believe made the company more successful than it is now. The employees are just keeping the company going by their own efforts and by just trying to figure things out for themselves.

I have noticed that new employees coming on board don't seem to get much training. There are many things about our systems and policies they don't know about, and when I have asked them "Did you get training on this system?", they say no.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring us back to the principles that made this company great to work for a few years ago. Make sure that you have middle managers that understand how to lead and actually support employees. Your employees want to do a good job, but they are lost in the absence of any leadership. Stop rewarding those playing for power and start supporting people who actually perform well.

Current stat of flux

Project Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at PRA International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Try to look out for employees Try to listen If something isn't… Cons: Little communication from senior management. Seems to be am imbalance of workload sometimes - if you are in HQ… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with your staff more - send out surveys asking how we are, and what the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fast initial growth

Clinical Programmer (Current Employee)

I have been working at PRA International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Ambitious entry-level people are exposed to a lot of experience and responsibility very quickly. Lots of flexibility to work from home and flex hours depending… Cons: Upper management is reluctant to promote outside standard "years of experience" metrics, despite stating the opposite. The efforts to streamline/improve processes have led to consolidation… Advice to Senior Management: Empower employees to drive the company forward by giving them clear line of sight in terms of processes, structure,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PRA International.

Worked for PRA International? Contribute to the Community!