PRA International
www.prainternational.com Raleigh, NC 5000+ Employees

You deserve much better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Lenexa, KS

I worked at PRA International full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDeveloped some great personal and business relationships.

ConsLondon-educated CEO has hired numerous executive vice-presidents, directors, and “consultants” – staffing them with friends from the UK and former cronies from PPD.

To maintain the illusion of profitability, the executive team under-resources studies. They also cancel raises and bonuses (except to themselves) shortly before payout is due.

The effect on employee work/life balance and morale is deplorable. Hundreds of valuable and profitable employees have resigned over the past three years. Vacancies remain unfilled due to lack of applicants. In the end, it’s the customer who suffers; so they are taking their business elsewhere. High turnover, poor sales, etc… Basically, every metric is going in the opposite direction that it should.

I am shocked that the private investors who own PRA tolerate this. PRA was once a great CRO and employer. I have seen PRA executives fired for much, much less in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose valuable and profitable ex-employees are now competing against you. At the same time, your revenues and profits are in free-fall. See the connection?

Not a good place to work if you are in IT

Manager (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at PRA International full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good vacation package and medical insurance. Cons: Very small IT shop, very silo/hierarchical setup means no career advancement or learning opportunities for the IT staff. Arrogant management that thinks they know everything. Unethical… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees, they are asset to the company. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

incompetent bullying managers supported by HR

Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at PRA International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: can meet some nice people below the level of management Cons: Managers are selected depending on social connections not competence. These managers then go on to micromanage, selecting arbitary rules that are applied to those… Advice to Senior Management: go somewhere else! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PRA International.

Worked for PRA International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PRA International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PRA International CEO Colin Shannon . All reviews posted anonymously by PRA International employees.