PRA International
www.prahs.com Raleigh, NC 5000+ Employees

Great Company. Great Workload

Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)
Lenexa, KS

ProsReally impressive compensation package. Work/life balance is better than most other companies. Benefits and PTO are pretty standard. There's always a lot to do, but study teams and managers tend to be very understanding and helpful if you ever have questions or feel overworked. Company training is long and thorough, which is definitely is a good thing.

ConsThere seems to be a high employee turnover in Clin Ops. Not sure why as I haven't had any bad experiences thus far. If you're not good with computers, you'll probably want to look at a different company (everything is done through one application or another). Managers don't micro-manage for the most part unless you consistently show that you need it. PRA's great for people who are pretty seasoned in the CRO industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuarterly bonuses would be nice

Not the PRA we once knew

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at PRA International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Talented, hard-working staff; although most are moving on in droves… Cons: Former PRA management team has been virtually exterminated, replaced by the 'good ol boy' dictators from PPD and this has effectively destroyed the company morale. Mass… Advice to Senior Management: Fire your CEO and replace your entire executive 'management' team. Hire people to replace them who can rebuild the company with a better understanding… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Investor Beware!

Principal Analysis Programmer (Former Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

I worked at PRA International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are still some good people working there who could… Cons: Executive management has denied bonuses and raises to everybody but themselves for several years. Hundreds of valuable and profitable employees have resigned. Their customers followed… Advice to Senior Management: Shame on you. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PRA International.

Worked for PRA International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PRA International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PRA International CEO Colin Shannon . All reviews posted anonymously by PRA International employees.