PREMIER System Integrators

www.premier-system.com

Great company to work for!

Co-Op Engineer (Current Employee) Smyrna, TN

ProsAn excellent experience. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful toward young aspiring Engineers. All the experience you need to make it in Controls Engineering industry can be gained from a one-year duration of Co-op with this company. You will not be treated like a "do-boy" sending faxes and getting coffee. You will be given the amount of responsibility and difficulty of work you prove yourself to be capable of handling. As a Co-op I designed control panels and developed PLC software that is currently working and making product. It is a great feeling of accomplishment and a learning experience far more than any textbook can give you.

PREMIER often hires previous Co-op students upon graduation so if you decide to Co-op here you are making a very smart career move. The Smyrna location offers free housing to Co-op students in the form of a very nice, fully furnished house in a nice neighborhood. You pay for nothing except for food in the fridge. That alone should tell you how much they put into this program and how much they value the students. I recently graduated and accepted a full-time position with PREMIER and am very excited about my future with the company.

ConsSome teams travel out of state up to 30% of the year. Also during plant shutdowns (for some teams) expect to hit 60-70 hours a week but this is only a few times a year. Not really a con but something to be aware of. If either of these are absolutely not an option for you, mention it before accepting the position.

Good people, no foresight

Coop Engineer (Former Employee) Smyrna, TN

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators

Pros: Excellent engineers/people in general good training down to earth, small-company style Interesting projects lots… Cons: Company's success is built upon the broken backs of a few dozen individuals. 45 hour 'average' work week is actually 45 hour… Advice to Senior Management: Diversify your product/customer base. Reward people who are producing, not just those that put in a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worst Environment I Have Experienced

Engineer (Former Employee) Smyrna, TN

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators

Pros: If you want to work in the systems development business… Cons: Arrogant owner. Middle management is meek and frightened. Long hours, little praise,… Advice to Senior Management: Show some spine. Don't sit and watch while KC bullies others when you know he has no basis for it. Don't be bullied into… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PREMIER System Integrators.

Worked for PREMIER System Integrators? Contribute to the Community!