PROS

www.pros.com
  www.pros.com
There are newer employer reviews for PROS

Decent company with decent potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

One of the great things about this company in the past was that it was a small, family-like atmoshpere where you knew almost everyone in the company. Ron W is a fantastic individual and a great ally to the employees. With the growth, the family-like atmosphere has changed. There is more bureacracy now, and it seems like a big company. There are some truly great people working there, and they are smart.

Cons

Company culture turned very sour at the end of 2008. Employees did not trust management and management used fear and threats to try to motivate. This got better when Andres became CEO, but there are still remnants from before. The market for the company's software has stagnated in the U.S. to a degree, even though they have had recent success in Europe. The biggest complaint while I was there was that there was no career growth planning, and opportunities to get promoted were limited. There is an overriding sense today that if you are not one of Andres' boys, it is difficult to get promoted.

Be more responsive to employees' career needs and communicate better to them.

70 Other Employee Reviews for PROS (View Most Recent)

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The autonomy is excellent. I'm free to work beyond my job description in areas that interest me. I also enjoy the travel!

Cons

Sometimes the autonomy is a little too free. There are cases where more guidance would be useful.

A lot of opportunities ...

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are self-driven and know what you want, this is a place you can have experience and find opportunity to grow. You have a lot chance to innovateby yourself or follow talent people. Flexible work hour helps balance your personal life needs and work priority.

Cons

Company is growing fast so there are a lot new hires. Most of them are excellent. But there are few un-qualified people who couldn't survive and make trouble to create too much politics. But this is common problem with most companies.

There are newer employer reviews for PROS