Small software company

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are not bad comparing to others in Houston...........

Cons

Work load can be high based on staffing

Advice to Management

Share of success not passed down to lower levels for bonus and incentives

Other Employee Reviews for PROS

3 or 4 people run the entire show. Rest are just listeners.

Former Employee - Technology Worker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technology Worker in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good tech team. Flexible hours. Smart developers.

Cons

A few people control the company and over rules anything that they dont agree. Most managers would not survive in any other decent company. Managers who dont kiss up are taken out or put into other departments or groups. Most of the promotions are based on politics and who can kiss up more.

Advice to Management

CEO is good but too much controlling. Has a few selected people put in each department who are used to run the show. Sad that this company has middle and senior management with full of people with no managerial skills. Every other person is a VP or director.

2. Best Company I've worked for to date - Great pay, Great people, Great career opportunity

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Fast-growing company with very talented people. Great team spirit. Everyone I've worked with is pushing hard for the success of the company. Top Management is very involved with their employees and every aspect of the business. They are always asking everyone - "What can I do to help." This is not the same company of 4 years ago prior to going public.

Cons

Growing so fast that sometimes the processes are not up to speed with the growth. However, with the talent PROS has, the workarounds and solutions are usually not far behind. Sometimes there is insane pressure and time demands - but the positive is that the work is always appreciated and well compensated!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep hiring great people, and keep listening to us. Do this, and there is no doubt we will have success in the marketplace.