There are newer employer reviews for PROS

Best career decision I ever made.

Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel cared for here and look forward to coming to work. You can’t walk down the hallway without a chat. Free food and drinks everywhere. Sponsored events all year long celebrating birthdays, holidays, product launches, families, happy hours and so on. Flex hours, can wear jeans every day, video games, couches, ping pong tables; it’s a really causal, laid-back environment that encourages community but respects your individual work style. From executive leadership down, I’ve been supported with full autonomy to improve any opportunity that I come across. Ideas are encouraged and welcomed from above and below; territorialism is virtually nonexistent. New and tenured employees mesh; there is definitely a specific “type” of PROS employee that fits in well. If you bring passion and ideas that you can independently execute to the table, you’ll be praised and rewarded for your work. You don’t need to ask for permission, just come in, get things done, be friendly and you will succeed. PROS is a strong, fast growing company with good products, a vision for innovation, and success is shared with employees.

Cons

Trying my best to be objective here with an honest review, but there really are very few legitimate CONS to working at PROS. Managers/leaders are hit or miss, most of the gripes have everything to do with who you report to. There are some people with not-so-great people skills in management positions because they are otherwise brilliant. There can be a lack of urgency in moving them out, so I’d say that making difficult decisions about people does seem to be our biggest challenge.

Advice to Management

You’re doing a great job. Continue reinforcing our culture and investing in innovation. Invest in HR so we can continue developing our growing workforce. Encourage more shared goals and collaboration across departments and organizations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Implementation Consultant

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, lots of smart people, and a lot of growth potential

Cons

Politics becoming an issue more and more

From Great to Uncertain

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great peers to work with, smart, dependable, friendly. Working here you are able to get involved in many different projects for diverse customers and industries, and acquire lots of experience.

Cons

While decisions from the C-level execs make sense, the middle "senior" management people that has come in the recent years does not really seem to get it. They are putting in jeopardy the results-oriented customer-focused culture that made this company great in the first two decades. They don't seem to really know how to execute the vision and are leaving people frustrated in their path.

Advice to Management

Watch the organic growth, avoid wasted resources, watch for inefficiencies not just add more layers of people hoping this will take the company to the next level, do retrospectives after decisions.