PROS

www.pros.com

Best career decision I ever made.

Manager In Products Organization (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI feel cared for here and look forward to coming to work. You can’t walk down the hallway without a chat. Free food and drinks everywhere. Sponsored events all year long celebrating birthdays, holidays, product launches, families, happy hours and so on.

Flex hours, can wear jeans every day, video games, couches, ping pong tables; it’s a really causal, laid-back environment that encourages community but respects your individual work style.

From executive leadership down, I’ve been supported with full autonomy to improve any opportunity that I come across. Ideas are encouraged and welcomed from above and below; territorialism is virtually nonexistent.

New and tenured employees mesh; there is definitely a specific “type” of PROS employee that fits in well. If you bring passion and ideas that you can independently execute to the table, you’ll be praised and rewarded for your work. You don’t need to ask for permission, just come in, get things done, be friendly and you will succeed.

PROS is a strong, fast growing company with good products, a vision for innovation, and success is shared with employees.

ConsTrying my best to be objective here with an honest review, but there really are very few legitimate CONS to working at PROS. Managers/leaders are hit or miss, most of the gripes have everything to do with who you report to. There are some people with not-so-great people skills in management positions because they are otherwise brilliant. There can be a lack of urgency in moving them out, so I’d say that making difficult decisions about people does seem to be our biggest challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou’re doing a great job. Continue reinforcing our culture and investing in innovation. Invest in HR so we can continue developing our growing workforce. Encourage more shared goals and collaboration across departments and organizations.

From Great to Uncertain

(Current Employee)

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great peers to work with, smart, dependable, friendly. Working here you are able to get… Cons: While decisions from the C-level execs make sense, the middle "senior" management people that has come in the recent years does not really seem to… Advice to Senior Management: Watch the organic growth, avoid wasted resources, watch for inefficiencies not just add more layers of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

3 or 4 people run the entire show. Rest are just listeners.

Technology Worker (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good tech team. Flexible hours. Smart developers. Cons: A few people control the company and over rules anything that they dont agree. Most managers would not survive in any other decent company. Managers… Advice to Senior Management: CEO is good but too much controlling. Has a few selected people put in each department who are used to run the show. Sad… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PROS.

Worked for PROS? Contribute to the Community!