There are newer employer reviews for PROS

Poorly managed company selling outdated snake oil

Former Employee - Professional Services Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Professional Services Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're looking for an easy 9-5 in Houston, this could be a good place.

Cons

Management, compensation, and poor technology are all factors on why I left PROS. Management lacks the skill to effectively manage, motivate, and improve employees. For example, a head of a department once stated during an all hands meeting that even though stock price has increased significantly they would not pass along any additional benefits to employees since people weren't leaving because of pay. The technology PROS sells is very expensive and many potential clients often question the value of the investment. I will say that PROS does do a great job with the science of pricing, however the platform they build it on resembles something from the 90's. The platform can only be run with Internet Explorer and outdated Java. Finally, the industry that PROS serves has a low economic moat and medium to low barriers to entry. With new competition coming from large companies like Oracle and small, lean start-ups, PROS will likely struggle in the years to come to keep its technology relevant.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees....

Other Employee Reviews for PROS

Best career decision I ever made.

Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel cared for here and look forward to coming to work. You can’t walk down the hallway without a chat. Free food and drinks everywhere. Sponsored events all year long celebrating birthdays, holidays, product launches, families, happy hours and so on. Flex hours, can wear jeans every day, video games, couches, ping pong tables; it’s a really causal, laid-back environment that encourages community but respects your individual work style. From executive leadership down, I’ve been supported with full autonomy to improve any opportunity that I come across. Ideas are encouraged and welcomed from above and below; territorialism is virtually nonexistent. New and tenured employees mesh; there is definitely a specific “type” of PROS employee that fits in well. If you bring passion and ideas that you can independently execute to the table, you’ll be praised and rewarded for your work. You don’t need to ask for permission, just come in, get things done, be friendly and you will succeed. PROS is a strong, fast growing company with good products, a vision for innovation, and success is shared with employees.

Cons

Trying my best to be objective here with an honest review, but there really are very few legitimate CONS to working at PROS. Managers/leaders are hit or miss, most of the gripes have everything to do with who you report to. There are some people with not-so-great people skills in management positions because they are otherwise brilliant. There can be a lack of urgency in moving them out, so I’d say that making difficult decisions about people does seem to be our biggest challenge.

Advice to Management

You’re doing a great job. Continue reinforcing our culture and investing in innovation. Invest in HR so we can continue developing our growing workforce. Encourage more shared goals and collaboration across departments and organizations.

2. Implementation Consultant

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, lots of smart people, and a lot of growth potential

Cons

Politics becoming an issue more and more