PRP Wine

www.prpwine.com
There are newer employer reviews for PRP Wine

Have worked at PRP for many years, it's hard work but the rewards and perks are great. In many ways I am my own boss.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at PRP Wine

Pros

Dynamic, open to new ideas, customer satisfaction is a top goal, great income and perk opportunites, in the wine business-fun product that I am proud of, flexible hours, nice people to work with, no ceiling on income (but also no floor)

Cons

long hours, especially in the beginning. production based income puts the pressure on me to perform (but also a great thing when I do well)

Keep improving on computerization, more interesting wines, more creative ways to see clients, help me realize my potential, be encouraging without pushing too hard.

18 Other Employee Reviews for PRP Wine (View Most Recent)

Working 60 hours per week ... and that's a slow week

Former Employee - Wine Consultant in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Wine Consultant in Orange, CA

I worked at PRP Wine

Pros

It's an opportunity to sample some rather diverse wines that, on occasion, can be pretty top notch.

Cons

It's true: Plan to work about 60 to 65 hours a week to earn ... not enough to live on. The pay, totally commission based, is scary low. Weekends are a thing of the past; be prepared to work stretches of 50 days in a row without a day off. Even though the "Careers" portion of the company's website emphasizes schedule flexibility, that's not true at all. Cliques and ageism run rampant. Health benefits? Here's hoping your spouse's job has a workable health/dental/vision package; otherwise, you'll probably pay at least $400 a month for your medical coverage.

Please consider implementing software for real-time inventory totals; having that would save plenty of headaches regarding stock available for wine consultants, retail staffers, and clients. Realize that it's drastically easier for individuals to purchase wine in some states than others, and that per-bottle prices need to be more competitive, with wine selections reflecting local palates.

With that, I'll say this: There's just not enough hours in a day to add every piece of advice I've already considered to management, which knows what it knows and is painfully reluctant to consider suggestions from staffers.

Hard work...little pay.....

Current Employee - Wine Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Wine Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PRP Wine

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Meet great people, I actually find it hard to find very much that is "pro" to working at this company.

Cons

Low rate of pay, commission only, takes you away from your family way to often, often asked to work above and beyond for no further compensation i.e. spending 8 - 10 hours setting up a booth for trade shows, delivering wine that you have sold...., Old fashioned management, company just hasn't progressed with the changing times, technology etc...

Figure out a better pay structure especially for trade setup and removal. Progress with current technology, don't sales staff work specific times without offering better compensation....sometimes people just don't want, or can't afford to purchase wine.

There are newer employer reviews for PRP Wine