There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

Keep to move up or I'll be in a dead end job.

Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist III in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist III in Dallas, TX

Pros

When I first took the role almost 18 months ago, I thought it was a "nothing" job, but I had an opportunity to be at multiple of the hotel locations. I was able to learn with coworkers, their properties, and the hotel's management team. It has some problems just like every company does, but overrall - it's the best place I've ever worked. It provide clothes allowance, holiday, sick/personal leave, and pretty good benefits. It's the best place I've ever worked since I was graduated from an university.

Cons

It has some problems just like every company does, but overrall - it's the best place I've ever worked so far. Every property has a different management, which it is up and down, but if you do work well with them, they will treat well (most of the time). In the summer season, hourly staff will be struggling since we barely get 10-20 hrs per week (especially in July). In the normal season, we usually get over 40-60 hrs per week for full time staff.

Other Employee Reviews for PSAV

1. Great place to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Good hardworking peers make up the core of this company.

Cons

Senior leadership - Not enough diversity

Advice to Management

Hire better senor leadership with more experience

Spinning wheels in place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

As a young AV pro, there can be some good opportunities. One would just need to keep in mind that just because PSAV, one of the largest AV companies out there, does things a certain way, does not mean it is the right way.

Cons

The company continues to hire mid to senior level managers who are unprofessional from a strictly business standpoint. Decisions are made for selfish reasons and not for the customers, company or employees.

Advice to Management

From Hotel Directors to mid and senior management, consider hiring people who are business professionals that will make fair and smart business decisions.