Absolutely Love It

Current Employee - Director in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at PSAV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay scale is fair, especially for a recession and includes regular bonuses or commissions based on your position. Happy with the benefits, 401k match. Love the support structure in the company; all information or needed support is at your fingertips. I am able to manage my area without feeling micro-managed by my RVP, yet I know that I have their support at all times. Love the environment and culture fostered by the RVP.

Cons

There is a little too much "red tape" in the purchasing process to efficiently run a business unit. If that's the biggest issue, then things are good.

Advice to Management

Issue corporate credit cards to those managers running a business unit.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Working at psav has been a great learning experience and a great way to start a career

Current Employee - Senior Even Technology Specialist in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Even Technology Specialist in DFW, TX

I have been working at PSAV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is always room to move up in the company and to due so relatively quick. PSAV is probably the best and most laid back work enviornment i have ever worked in.

Cons

gear is in rough shape a lot of times

If you get into the right hotel....

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at PSAV full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Supportive staff overall in my years in DC and Baltimore * Good pay after you become salaried * Excellent equipment across the board - anywhere in the US you'll find consistently arranged storage rooms * Supportive and fast IT team in MO * Opportunity to move around the country if you so desire

Cons

* more difficult at smaller properties to have any time off * suits, suits, suits - too hot and uncomfortable most of the time to be on your knees, etc doing what we did in a suit * raises always came through late. I.e.. you were given a raise May 1st. It'd finally show up on your paycheck in July. THEY WOULD RETRO the pay and make up for it.. but it always took a lot of e-mails. * Work / life balance can get really bad! I had to beg to get off a week when I had plane and cruise reservations over a year before. * Some upper management can set expectations to high for profit goals * Lack of support from Swank upper management when hotel GM was being rude to AV Director. Swank sided with GM.