PSAV

www.psav.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

Great company! be prepared to put in some work!

Former Employee - Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSAV full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement, Great Co workers, Free hotel food, Discounts on hotels, ok benefits. Competitive pay. Challenging work that changes frequently.

Cons

Unpredictable schedule, which makes it hard to plan personal life. Under staffed at times. Hotel management is hard to deal with at times.

When making decisions for labor and scheduling put your self in the shoes of the person actually doing the work. Little less chiefs and alot more indians.

319 Other Employee Reviews for PSAV (View Most Recent)

...it's ok.

I have been working at PSAV full-time

Pros

I've been working at PSAV as a tech for a few years. Coworkers are great., and sometimes there's awesome opportunities to work with great clients.

Cons

I've gotten a lot of experience here, and could easily be promoted from my current position. Instead, I have to take a bunch of tests and THEN go take a hands on test with someone to prove that I'm worthy of moving up.

Here's the issue with that: I've seen a lot of people get hired by this company who have the same skill set as I do now, and they get in to the higher paid positions. One guy had NO experience whatsover, but somehow got the top tier position. He talked such a big game, and got awesome pay out of it before the company realized what happened. He had is high ranking title taken away, but they couldn't take his pay. These people were not required to take any PSAV testing for their high ranking positions. They were hired to those positions. Tis a tad bit ludicrous, if you ask me.

It's not always full time, so it's very hard to pay your bills when you don't know how much each pay check is going to be. It becomes very stressful, especially when it's already slow and they tell you your 8 hour shift was cancelled because someone cancelled their AV.

Not to mention how disheartening it is to have a bunch of awesome AV skills and not be recognized by some of your upper level management. You can do the job very well and know your property like the back of your hand, but outside techs who don't know your property are brought in to do the same job and sometimes are put as a lead on a set...then things get messed up...which wouldn't have happened if you were the lead tech...you get where this is going.

We work in a hotel environment. Don't get mad if the night shift ends up having to stay late. Correct us if we're wrong, but don't hold it over our heads for months (or even years) afterwards. Also, when you give any kind of criticism to your employees, don't verbally attack them. Overall it will affect your working relationship with them.

Great Company, Great People

I worked at PSAV full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Great company to work for
    - Lots of room for personal growth within the company, and many opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

- Pay is 40% below industry standard.
    - No respect from customers / clients. We're walked all over in the name of 'customer service'.

-Customer service and bettering the company costs something to the client - they're paying for it. The employees you're pushing around should be fairly and equally compensated because we're the ones doing most of the work. We are not your slaves.

-Recognizance of strengths and personal goals goes a lot further than you think. Sometimes an employee's goal isn't to work for PSAV, but to use the experience gained as a stepping stone to something better. Management needs to remember this at all times.

I was not fired, and left the company on good terms once I landed a better opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV