There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

Almost flawless but definitely dramatic

Current Employee - Director But Promoted A Few Times in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Director But Promoted A Few Times in Miami, FL

I have been working at PSAV full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun business. Great teammates, something new everyday, strong leaders. Feel,supported most of the time. Have seen fair and good opportunities for us while cleaning out of dead wait over the last few years

Cons

Seasonal. Long hours, then very slow. Takes a while to get new equipment. Working in hotels,can be stressful when hotel staff doesn't know,what the are doing.

After merger have had some great things happen(bigger team, new ideas) but also taking too long sometimes (new titles)

reviews filtered by

Know what you're getting yourself into

Current Employee - Director of Event Technology
    Current Employee - Director of Event Technology

I have been working at PSAV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great benefits and decent pay if you're not a technician
    -Free food (most hotels)
    -PLENTY of opportunities for work
    -Room for advancement if you can set yourself apart from the pack
    -Career wear reimbursement (new suits every year!)
    -Great colleagues to work with
    -Senior management is, for the most part, easy to work with

Bottom line, if you know what you're getting into, you'll probably enjoy the job. If you can manage to make some good connections, you WILL get promoted. Just be aware of the hours you'll have to put in...

Cons

Where to start...

Well, you will have no personal life. I've missed weddings, family vacations, funerals and scores of other valuable family and personal events. I lost friends and didn't gain new ones. Need to go to that important wedding that you're a groomsman in? "Sorry, it's October. We're always busy in October." Waking up at 3:45am and getting home at 10pm can get really old, especially when you're salaried.

However, this is largely dependent on the hotel you are located at. If you get lucky, you'll get a hotel that primarily focus' on corporate and pharmaceutical clients; meaning most of your events start at 9am and end at 5pm. If you draw the short straw and they place you at a show hotel, be prepared. You will likely start off as a tech working 2pm-10pm (read: 2pm-4am).

Long story short,

If you're willing to make sacrifices in your personal and private life, PSAV WILL take care of you. If you show the initiative, they'll find a management position for you. Just be prepared to not have a personal life.

Your employees are not expendable. Most of us will go to battle for you and have your back on anything. Don't take advantage of that.

2. Great Company

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

A lot of driving, rarely work weekends.

Cons

None that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV