There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

Secure & Challenging

Current Employee - PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions in Orlando, FL

I have been working at PSAV full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great opportunity to move up and about in many different regions worldwide. Decent pay. Challenging but attainable goals.

Cons

Work gets repetitive after a while but I guess that happens in most industries.

More money needs to be spent on keeping our equipment current.

270 Other Employee Reviews for PSAV (View Most Recent)

Showed their chauvinistic side within 2 days.

I have been working at PSAV full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay for the small amount of work involved.

Cons

Never able to get my system set up after being there for weeks. I also heard horrible stories and rumors from multiple coworkers. I was pulled aside and told to be "cognizant of my reputation" on my second day for laughing with a coworker of the opposite gender during training. I later found out I was ratted out on by a senior manager who seems to like said employee and only promotes males in the office regardless of seniority or experience. I requested training day after day and got told there was none and they didn't have time to train me.

Promote some women... Only one female manager in sight is a huge red flag for a new female employee...

Seasonal furloughs & long hours, with an ability to move up quickly

Current Employee - ETS II  in  Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - ETS II in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at PSAV full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great, if you love event technology in a corporate environment. Lots of properties around the world, which provides ample opportunity to move—and move up—if you're willing to move, sacrifice your personal life (when in-season/at busy properties) and know how to "play the corporate game."

Cons

18-plus-hour-days way too common (not bad with OT & DT, when you're hourly - not as good when you're salary). Most properties aren't well equipped with quality gear - let alone state-of-the-art. Pay is below average, unless you negotiate hard for it - and then, it's about average.

Better training and more accurate measurement of skills might ensure higher quality of service for the client and more pride in the work for the employees. Certifications and better pay may have potential for attracting superior career-oriented professionals in the event tech industry.

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

Worked for PSAV? Contribute to the Community!