Tons Of opportunity, if your willing to work hard

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

Alot of career development opportunities. Promotes from within. encourages personal empowerment and ownership. a great environment for natural leaders to thrive.

Cons

long hours. inconsistent job duties.

focus on the passion our employees have and why they are in the technology field in the first place.

Other Reviews for PSAV

As a part-time on call it's okay.

Current Employee - Lighting II  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lighting II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PSAV as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Between jobs if I get a call it could be a good option for a little extra money.
    Descent equipment to work with.
    You can apply for other positions with the company.
    You can negotiate your hourly per project.
    Fair treatment for women working in this field.
    They do have training classes should you need it.

Cons

No benefits as a part-time.
    Last minute calls to which I cannot always work.
    Hourly pay is okay however, when I freelance with other companies I negotiate a time and half compensation when I work over 10 hours in one day. I worked one project with PSAV for 30 hours straight and received nothing additional! Not even a couple of hours to sleep in the hotel we were working at. I felt this was taking serious advantage of part-timers.

I would like to work more with PSAV but I also work as a freelancer and tend to get booked in advance. I had hoped I would be able to pursue a career with PSAV but find that more times than not when I am called it is so very last minute (ie: can you work tomorrow) that I am already in the middle of a project. I would love some advance notice of projects.

Seasonal furloughs & long hours, with an ability to move up quickly

Current Employee - ETS II  in  Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - ETS II in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at PSAV full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great, if you love event technology in a corporate environment. Lots of properties around the world, which provides ample opportunity to move—and move up—if you're willing to move, sacrifice your personal life (when in-season/at busy properties) and know how to "play the corporate game."

Cons

18-plus-hour-days way too common (not bad with OT & DT, when you're hourly - not as good when you're salary). Most properties aren't well equipped with quality gear - let alone state-of-the-art. Pay is below average, unless you negotiate hard for it - and then, it's about average.

Better training and more accurate measurement of skills might ensure higher quality of service for the client and more pride in the work for the employees. Certifications and better pay may have potential for attracting superior career-oriented professionals in the event tech industry.

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV.

Worked for PSAV? Contribute to the Community!