PSAV

www.psav.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

PSAV continues to be a very positive environment for me

I have been working at PSAV full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Support from the executive level managers has been fantastic. Benefits and culture have been great for me, but it definitely depends on what region of the country you are in.

Cons

Even for salaried management, the required hours can be a roller coaster. Do your research regarding the size of the time at the hotel and what talents and skills are on-site.

For properties located outside of large city markets, more work needs to be done to circle the wagons and make those staff members feel like a part of the larger picture.

323 Other Employee Reviews for PSAV (View Most Recent)

I'm Glad I Left, but I wish I would have left much sooner, 20 + months of my life of which I can never get back

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at PSAV full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will hire anyone who can pass a drug test and has the gift of gab, and being a corporate troll is always a plus. Management is a pro at never accepting accountability for their lackluster communication, work ethic, and over all hands off managerial stance, all the while making sure to be little their subordinates, discourage open communication between management staff and hourly staff . Management is classic for being the last one to show up to the office, and the first one to leave, and they can do this because they are salary and will be paid regardless of how few hours they actually work
    This company is classic for moving employees around large metropolitan cities despite how it will affect the employee. Management's point of view on this is "you can either move to this other location, that is not where you were originally hired, against your wishes, or you can be reduced to either part time hours, or no hours at all. Keep in mind, you signed an offer letter that states which property you will be working at, management and HR are so tight, your "offer letter" is just a formality nothing on it is "truly etched in stone, and can be changed base off of the need of the company, / i.e. what ever the RVP wants"

Cons

Be prepared to be treated like pawn in a chest game, and the game is all at the amusement of your RVP who may very well be the DEVIL himself.
    Whether working on the Operations side or the sales side, please know that "YOU can be replaced, You are One of many." If you think that working hard, putting in long hours, establishing a great hotel to PSAV relationship, receive positive recognition from both hotel management staff and clients, will be accomplishments that your DET, DOS, RVP or anyone else of "notability within PSAV" will care and value about you, you are wrong. Instead barely learn how to operate any AV equipment, that includes setting it up or striking it, suck up to management by keeping "tabs" on your coworkers, dress nice, but have a sneaky and underhanded attitude and aura, oh and by all means make sure that you greet every one, and you'll succeed beyond your peers. This will set you on the path of climbing that corporate ladder. Oh and I almost forgot, if you want to go straight to the local branch location and get promoted at the same time, do the following: be unbearable, no relentlessly unpleasant to all of your peers, and labeled "hard to get along with" but great with paper work, and reading numbers, you know like a schedule of some sort, or how much is stock of this and that, yeah, good by hotels, and hello regular 9-5 hours with "great" pay.

Work/Life Balance please know if you are not the person in charge you don't have a life to balance. For some reason life will not go on if you are at the beck and call of PSAV hotel division.

Compensation: I know for a fact that PSAV could afford to give me a 15% increase, that's because they started my initial so low, I'm not even classified as "working poor" I actually made in the salary range of "Poor, and working"

Culture & Values: Culture - if you're not management you don't matter. Value- PSAV values the ability to suck the joy and life right out of you, if they could take your soul they would, but since they don't have one of their own, they don't see any value in yours.

Allow employees to give an anonymous evaluation on their managers, so that you know how your employees are being treated. If there was a way to give PSAV an F- (negative F) I would.

PSAV is a company where hard work, determination, and self motivation is a survival skill not a trait that is reward.

Former Employee - Assistant Directto Event Technology
    Former Employee - Assistant Directto Event Technology

I worked at PSAV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I find there was NO professional or personal growth, life-work balance for property level management, over worked, under paid no corporate management or HR support.

Cons

No corporate management or HR support for property level management teams. No logistical support for regional properties.

If they don't know then, then problem is worse than I thought!

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV