PSAV

it's good experience.

Current Employee - A/V Technician in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - A/V Technician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

Most of Swank's techs are very knowledgeable and competent. There are always training opportunities and the directors communicate very well.

Cons

Pay is okay and senior management drags you around like a grunt. The hours can be ridiculous because it's in a hospitality setting where events are set up on weekends.

Actually follow through with your promises.

286 Other Employee Reviews for PSAV (View Most Recent)

Don't expect a personal life with PSAV

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

I was a Director for PSAV and I would have to say that it was great to have the support of the other directors in the region and for the most part support of my RVP.

Cons

It sounds like some of the people here have worked with some pretty horrible managers. I've always made a point to respect my employees and give them the days off they request because the job asks a lot of them. I'm guilty of scheduling my techs really late and realize that they will not have a night life, but then again it is what they signed up for and they have to understand the nature of our business. But at the same time, I've also worked nights and weekends so that these same employees can have their requested days off. As a Director, I had no personal life, worked at least 12hrs/day, when it was extremely business, it was not uncommon for me to be at the office at least 14 hrs a day. The techs may think that we are lazy and always do "paper work" but the truth is, the paper work does need to be done so they can get paid! We don't always have time to supervise on the floor because we have to look ahead and secure future business so that everyone will have a job. No business means no work! And a lot of the technicians are either lazy or complacent so they rarely go above and beyond. I know they work hard, but they also take advantage.

If you're a good Director who knows how to get the job done-over stretching yourself and giving up your personal life- and does not complain to your RVP, then you will be taken advantage of. Your RVP and upper management will think perhaps that you can handle everything without having to add additional staff or cut hours from your staff. No wonder folks are unhappy- the pay isn't great and you're going to cut hours! Even as mgmt, the pay wasn't great. I often thought how little I was being compensated for how much work I was doing and how much of my personal life I was giving up.

Your employees at the bottom are the ones making the money for the company, at least pay them more than the living wage!

Good and the Bad

Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

Benefits are good. Benefits do not drop if you're not working fulltime consistently.

Cons

Lack of direction, not a career maker.

Invest in current and future employees with training to stop a revolving door.

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV