PSAV

www.psav.com
  www.psav.com
There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

Can take a long time to mov eup through management ranks

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

Wide varitey of technology and equipment to learn, even wider varitey of clients to serve. Once a manager, many opportunites for self-motivated employees to use their "entreprenurial spirit" to "take ownership" of the business decisions.

Cons

At the expense of work-life balance, it is difficult to maintain profitability with business model. Known fixed-expenses also make bonus-earning diffucult, and not much of an incentive. Occasionally, not earning your bonus is a perceived as poor-performance.

Beginning at the RVP level, carreer development conversations need to take palce. Too many DETs neglect thier staff and by thier passive approach to staff development and desire to maintain the status-quo, more people leave from boredom than from advancement.

290 Other Employee Reviews for PSAV (View Most Recent)

Room for Improvment

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

Good benefits program and the leadership at the top generally does seem to care about the individual.

Cons

Micro Managing at Regional and Area Level to the EXTREME. Scheduling done by committee with little or no regard for personal situations. Six and ocassional seven day work weeks are not uncommon for salaried employees with 10 to 12 hour work days required. Hourly labor controlled or eliminated to get the most out of salaried associates. Compensation and incentivies not in line with work load and shift demands.

Change business practice. Good, dedicated employees will soon burn out under the current method of operation, leading to greater turnover , an eventual drop in service and drop in revenue from lost business. Let Directors run their properies again as they see fit. Because the organization took on contracts with sizabable commissions should not become the burden of the employee who must devise ways to control costs and labor by compensating and adjusting ones lifestyle to make the contract more manageable and profitable.

My job was best case scenario, and I still rate the company 1 out of 5

Former Employee - Event Technology Specialist II
    Former Employee - Event Technology Specialist II

I worked at PSAV

Pros

Can transfer anywhere in the country.

Cons

Underpaid, it is very difficult to get a decent raise with this company. They finally offered me a significant raise when I put in my two weeks, by then it was too little, too late. At all the large properties in the region employees are forced to work crazy hours, lots of overtime when it is busy, no hours at all when it is slow; yet they still consider them full-time.

I worked at a smaller property, had a great Director, had great hours, and was treated well at my property. BUT being at a small property their is nowhere to go career-wise if I were to have moved up with the company I would have been forced to work at a larger property in the region. Every large property in my region is a nightmare (see above)! So what is one supposed to do? Move up and sacrafice your life to a horrible paying job that you are not even proud of? Or simply move on.........the choice was easy for me.

Re-evaluate everything you do. PSAV does not retain good employees because they are too cheap, so most properties are constantly hiring and re-training. Training someone from the ground up who is less efficient than a good tech is very costly, in more ways than management realizes. The corporate structure of the company is a mess; to get a simple question answered can take a half dozen emails and a solid week. No one claims responsibility, or is willing to go outside of their basic job description because they simply don't care.

The Hotel AV industry is depressing enough as it is, the least you could do is compensate your employees well and allow more room for advancement. I wish nothiong but the worst for this company, they represent everytning I hate about corporate America.

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV