PSAV

www.psav.com
  www.psav.com
There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

Swank is a great company run by genuinely good people with good business sense and heart.

Current Employee - Director of Audio/Visual Services in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Director of Audio/Visual Services in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

Training and advancement opportunities are prevalent and managers assist in placing you in a job that fits your skill set while stretching you and making you ready for advancement. The job is rewarding and challenging.

Cons

A 50 hour work week is standard. This is a 24/7/7 career and weekends and holiday are generally required work days.

Thank you for your support and teamwork. Keep empower us to manage our business and we won't let you down.

291 Other Employee Reviews for PSAV (View Most Recent)

Biggest isn't always best

Current Employee - Director Event Technology in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director Event Technology in Washington, DC

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

The ability to work independently as if you owned your own business with out having any of the financial risk.

Cons

They have overcomplicated the corporate system and have made it nearly impossible to get essentials to make day to day work easier. There is always a form to fill out another form and then another form to get what you need. There is also a major lack of equipment for a company of such size. Most equipment is 5-10 years old and not the newest cutting edge technology that they advertise.

Give back to the employees. Most employees are majorly under-compensated while others are overcompensated. Go back to the drawing board and redo the pay structure of the company because cost of living should be factored into salary which it is not currently.

Great company when I started, it went downhill soon thereafter

Former Employee - Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at PSAV

Pros

I love technology so naturally I was excited to work in an environment where I could get involved in AV products.

Cons

Working at HQ in Schaumburg gave me a feeling like I was in a glass house, i.e. I never really got a true feel what it was like to work in one of our field locations. I always told my manager that we needed to get out there and visit them but I was always told that there was no money for travel.

Get out to the field and see what the locations need. Get rid of Helios and overhaul the whole thing. It's a disaster. The field hates it and although the company promotes that we are the leading technology provider by issuing iPads to our sales managers (with no clear directions on what to do with them), the field is dying for new projectors, laptops and wireless mics. These are the products that are the bread and butter of the company revenue.

There are newer employer reviews for PSAV