There are newer employer reviews for PSC Biotech

small company setting

I have been working at PSC Biotech

Pros

wear lots of hats, learn a lot, people are nice

Cons

no structure, not organized, high employee turnover

Sep 14, 2014CEO

Thank-you for your interest in our firm. We work hard to ensure the organization is flexible and growing. We are project focused and most of our "high employee turnover" is from our clients hiring ... More

26 Other Employee Reviews for PSC Biotech (View Most Recent)

RUN FOR THE HILLS

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time

Pros

get to perform many different tasks other than your own. great learning opportunity

Cons

The philosophy here is swim or sink. As mentioned before, you are "expected" to perform tasks and duties well outside your scope, background, and experience level but you NEVER!!! get any training or support.

I read another review that mentioned "golden children" and this is exactly how the CEO conducts business....if you are one of the golden children, even if you don't deliver, changes are you are fine...otherwise run for the hills because your days are numbered there.

There is 0% structure, and no formal review practices. So, if you are there for over a year, and thanks to the high (well, super high) turnover rate, you won't get a review, meaning no goals, no career planning, no raises (God Forbid)...but don't worry, over 90% of the employees have been with the company less than 1 year...because it takes only a few months to realize that this career move is a bust! And you if you want to complain to HR, well, GOOD LUCK... this CEO seems to change HR personnel every few months, and even if one sticks around, his word over-writes HR procedures; they cover their behinds enough not to get slapped with a law-suit....well, wait a minute, maybe you should google this as well.

Compensation is below industry standards, rises out of the question as explained before, and benefits are the bare minimum...working over time, all the time, even weekends? Well, that is just expected of you, but you need a day off??? HOW DARE YOU!!!....get my point?? Needless to say if you or in a case of a parent have an emergency, brace yourself for the wrath of PSC What, you want a life?? want to see your children now and then??? This is not the place for you then.

Overall, I won't recommend this company to my worst enemy!

I am going to borrow from a previous review that nailed this point as well; The CEO is great at sales, but the management team needs to see the writing on the wall about the through-the-roof turn-over rates, zero life-work balance, low employee satisfaction and take some action.

Aug 28, 2014CEO

I am sorry you had a bad experience, I wish you well in your career.

Excellent

Current Employee - Validation Engineer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Validation Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposure with well known companies

Cons

Stability should be a more concern

Do a better job

Sep 14, 2014CEO

We are always striving to do a better job. We need to work hard to ensure the organization is stable. Thanks for your assessment of our company.

There are newer employer reviews for PSC Biotech

Worked for PSC Biotech? Contribute to the Community!