There are newer employer reviews for PSEG

Great company

Current Employee - Relay Tech in Clifton, NJ
Current Employee - Relay Tech in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at PSEG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to move up, on the job training, school reimbursement, union, good work environment, good pay

Cons

Union, 7am start of work day

All funding is being directed to transmission... what about distribution?

86 Other Employee Reviews for PSEG (View Most Recent)

Was not challenged technically or professionally and counted down the days until I left... about a month after I started

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Hancocks Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Hancocks Bridge, NJ

I have been working at PSEG as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The job pays well

There are multiple opportunities to move around within the company.

You can learn a lot of information IF you take it upon yourself to look up information and go out of your way to ask questions.

Cons

Warning to all potential interns and co-ops: You will do no technical work at all.

I have had two previous internships and they made this co-op look like a joke. You will not use any knowledge you have learned in college and you will not be given any real work. I know as an intern/co-op, it's a given that you will have some annoying tasks along with some interesting projects, but there were only secretarial and administrative jobs given to us.

To anyone who hasn't been in the nuclear industry, it is extremely slow and bogged down with so many procedures and regulations that a simple two hour task is drawn out for days.

Although every engineering group is different, I have seen other co-ops treated like crap. Some groups do not treat interns/co-ops as part of the team and some employees like to make sure you know you are just there to reduce their backlog of menial tasks.

I was often told that work was too complex for a co-op, even if it was a basic fluid flow or heat transfer calculation. Employees do not trust interns/co-ops at all and some employees will let you know that too.

My advice to the managers would be to focus more on the employees. Almost all of the managers spend more time in meetings than supporting employees.

Good So far but, alot of red tape and slow

Current Employee - Engineer in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Newark, NJ

I have been working at PSEG

Pros

The environment is very friendly

Cons

The IT dept. is very slow, alot of red tape

There are newer employer reviews for PSEG